Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 Wheel Alignment Issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Q7 Wheel Alignment Issues

I believe I have wheel alignment issue with my car. It has only 14K miles on it and has DAP option. Both front tires are wearing off very quickly on the outside (no more grooves).Talked to the dealership and they want $600++ for the alignment work. According to them, it is almost a whole day’s job as they have to re-calibrate all cameras and sensors after the alignment. I do not recall hitting big potholes or drive up any curb so it is still a mystery to me why my alignment is off. If it is so sensitive, God help us when we take the car (an SUV) off road.

My question is has anyone taken their car to a regular alignment shop to get it adjusted? If yes, any impact to the DAP after? I personally do not see the link between getting the alignment done and DAP features but I could be mistaken.

Appreciate any input.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What the dealer is saying is true.
When you go for alignment, all systems must be re-calibrated or they will not function properly. The process itself is simple. There used to be a time when setting up the calibration equipment used to be a pain. If it still is the case, then that's what they are charging you for
Old 01-31-2018, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a BRAND NEW 2017 Q7 Prestige 3.0 L supercharger V6 in April 30th, 2017 with front and alignment issue at 8800 miles which wore out the outer tread completely at the the front passenger tire more than the driver's front tire outer tread. Noticed the alignment wasn't perfect when I got the car and finally noticed the wear when checking tire pressures. The wife finally took it back to our dealership, Audi Plano, at 8800 miles on the odometer on a Friday in Oct 2017. Incredibly Audi Plano didn't even address the misalignment issue or the worn out tires and just rotated the front tires to the back and put the rear tires to the front and inspected and marked at tires as perfect (which I have from the dealership) and the dealership also performed the first motor oil change. Wife brought the car back and I noticed nothing was done or addressed with my problems on the front end misalignment or the excessive wear on my front tires. I call the dealership about the problem and they told me to bring the car back on the following Monday. Again, I was told the alignment was not part of the warranty but the dealership didn't even inspect my front end to see if I may have damaged the front end fall joints or struts from me running over large potholes. I am told that I must have done this and car's alignment must have been perfect when I bought it. Took it to Sewell Audi, a brand new Audi dealership and the recommendation is the same. I don't feel that Audi dealerships will be my advocate and I will be fixing this with other mechanics in town. Maybe Audi / VW is too busy with their emission problem and the quality control at the assembly line is just not up to par. Never had a NEW car with a front end alignment within the first 6 months of ownership. Buyers be aware the high maintenance that is required for German cars from VW and BMW and Audi dealership's poor inspection of your cars...just look at my recent first service and the dealership marked my tire as good when they are obviously worn out.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by getngo
I bought a BRAND NEW 2017 Q7 Prestige 3.0 L supercharger V6 in April 30th, 2017 with front and alignment issue at 8800 miles which wore out the outer tread completely at the the front passenger tire more than the driver's front tire outer tread. Noticed the alignment wasn't perfect when I got the car and finally noticed the wear when checking tire pressures. The wife finally took it back to our dealership, Audi Plano, at 8800 miles on the odometer on a Friday in Oct 2017. Incredibly Audi Plano didn't even address the misalignment issue or the worn out tires and just rotated the front tires to the back and put the rear tires to the front and inspected and marked at tires as perfect (which I have from the dealership) and the dealership also performed the first motor oil change. Wife brought the car back and I noticed nothing was done or addressed with my problems on the front end misalignment or the excessive wear on my front tires. I call the dealership about the problem and they told me to bring the car back on the following Monday. Again, I was told the alignment was not part of the warranty but the dealership didn't even inspect my front end to see if I may have damaged the front end fall joints or struts from me running over large potholes. I am told that I must have done this and car's alignment must have been perfect when I bought it. Took it to Sewell Audi, a brand new Audi dealership and the recommendation is the same. I don't feel that Audi dealerships will be my advocate and I will be fixing this with other mechanics in town. Maybe Audi / VW is too busy with their emission problem and the quality control at the assembly line is just not up to par. Never had a NEW car with a front end alignment within the first 6 months of ownership. Buyers be aware the high maintenance that is required for German cars from VW and BMW and Audi dealership's poor inspection of your cars...just look at my recent first service and the dealership marked my tire as good when they are obviously worn out.
Sounds similar to our story, however our Audi dealer said an alignment is covered if performed within the first 12 months /12K miles, so we got one free. I also asked at the shop where we have had tires serviced and they said they could do an alignment on Q7 for about $150.
You may want to follow and post on this thread

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...ering-2921226/
Old 01-31-2018, 06:15 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jabong
I believe I have wheel alignment issue with my car. It has only 14K miles on it and has DAP option. Both front tires are wearing off very quickly on the outside (no more grooves).Talked to the dealership and they want $600++ for the alignment work. According to them, it is almost a whole day’s job as they have to re-calibrate all cameras and sensors after the alignment. I do not recall hitting big potholes or drive up any curb so it is still a mystery to me why my alignment is off. If it is so sensitive, God help us when we take the car (an SUV) off road.

My question is has anyone taken their car to a regular alignment shop to get it adjusted? If yes, any impact to the DAP after? I personally do not see the link between getting the alignment done and DAP features but I could be mistaken.

Appreciate any input.
I read somewhere that wheel alignment with DAP also involves aligning wheels with the DAP sensors for lane alignment.