Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2018 Audi Q7 oil change question, Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet! Tilo, I think it would be beneficial to grab you some copies. I think the electrical wiring diagrams could be better, but they’ve got me what I’ve needed so far.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Here is a service manual that I found on this site a while ago.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...anual-2923061/
Old 01-22-2019, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BryonL
Sweet! Tilo, I think it would be beneficial to grab you some copies. I think the electrical wiring diagrams could be better, but they’ve got me what I’ve needed so far.
Thanks.
Have another question here. If someone use oil extractor to change oil, how can they do in the V6 engine without dipstick hole?

Old 01-22-2019, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Tilo
Thanks.
Have another question here. If someone use oil extractor to change oil, how can they do in the V6 engine without dipstick hole?
There is a dipstick hole, which is plugged by a plastic plug. Some of us (myself included) purchased a dipstick and placed it there instead of the plug. Do a search for dipstick threads to find out where.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you. I have find it out. Thank all you guys. I found a problem for.most audi cars. It seem like there is no jack point under the engine position. My BMW have jack point under the engine position and I can easily use a hydraulic jack to jack the car and use solid jack stand on both side jack point which every car had. Are someone find the jack point under the engine position?
Old 01-25-2019, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I haven’t been under there to look. I’d imagine if you have been, and don’t see any jack point, there probably isn’t one....an engineered one at least. Owners manual only lists the lift points along the rocker panels. You could get creative though!
Old 01-26-2019, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dohturdima
There is a dipstick hole, which is plugged by a plastic plug. Some of us (myself included) purchased a dipstick and placed it there instead of the plug. Do a search for dipstick threads to find out where.
I bought a dip stick a couple of months ago. It's a pain to use because of the need to remove the engine cover for access but once you've done it once or twice, you get the hang of it. Drove to Florida arriving with 16k on the odometer after 10k service. MMI showed oil level down 3/4. Dip showed still full. I'm believing the dip stick as overfilling the oil can be bad for the engine and lead to oil consumption or so I have read.

As for oil changing, I haven't done it yet myself on the Q7, but did several on my A6 TDI and suction pumping is the way to go IMO. It's safer (no crawling under the car), more thorough (ask your service tech) and the more you loosen and tighten those fasteners on the under-engine cover, the more likely they won't all retighten properly. (I learned this changing oil on my 2003 BMW 530I.)
Old 01-26-2019, 02:20 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I dont understand the debate over oil changes. It's something so simple that if you have the ability and desire there should be no debate.
Removing any skid plate is relatively simple and only takes a few extra minutes. An oil extractor is not going to be any safer since on a Q7 there's no need to lift it. Simply reach under to remove skid plate if necessary and unscrew the drain plug. I buy my oil @ Wally World for under $30/5 Gallon jug. Filters I pick up online in bulk. The cost savings is a no brainer and not having a porter and a tech touch it is priceless.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Rjim
I bought a dip stick a couple of months ago. It's a pain to use because of the need to remove the engine cover for access but once you've done it once or twice, you get the hang of it. Drove to Florida arriving with 16k on the odometer after 10k service. MMI showed oil level down 3/4. Dip showed still full. I'm believing the dip stick as overfilling the oil can be bad for the engine and lead to oil consumption or so I have read.

As for oil changing, I haven't done it yet myself on the Q7, but did several on my A6 TDI and suction pumping is the way to go IMO. It's safer (no crawling under the car), more thorough (ask your service tech) and the more you loosen and tighten those fasteners on the under-engine cover, the more likely they won't all retighten properly. (I learned this changing oil on my 2003 BMW 530I.)
Can you please share where did you buy the dipstick and more importantly share the part number? I checked with my dealer and they had no idea but said if I get them a part number they can bring it in for me.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MoInEd
Can you please share where did you buy the dipstick and more importantly share the part number? I checked with my dealer and they had no idea but said if I get them a part number they can bring it in for me.
OEM Part #: 06E115611H
I bought mine here https://www.europaparts.com/oil-dips...6e115611h.html
htd4555

Quick Reply: 2018 Audi Q7 oil change question, Help!!