Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2018 Audi Q7 Production Delays

Old 06-21-2017, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Audi Q7 Production Delays

I think most of you already know that there is a strike at the Slovak plant. According to what I have found online it seems that they are hoping to reach a deal tomorrow. The production line of the Q7 is currently at a halt.

Strike at VW's Slovak unit extends into third day | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-22-2017, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rkenshin
I think most of you already know that there is a strike at the Slovak plant. According to what I have found online it seems that they are hoping to reach a deal tomorrow. The production line of the Q7 is currently at a halt.

Strike at VW's Slovak unit extends into third day | Daily Mail Online
All we can do is kindly ask our forum contributor Gani to go there and help hem "rule out" the situation. Otherwise all who are planning to buy new Q7, will risk not to get one
Old 06-22-2017, 09:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Interesting article. Appears the workers are already well paid, receive double the national average income. Now they are demanding more? Wonder how this will play out. Wouldn't it be awesome if Audi decided to move some production to the USA. That would really speed up delivery to customers.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDI1880
Interesting article. Appears the workers are already well paid, receive double the national average income. Now they are demanding more? Wonder how this will play out. Wouldn't it be awesome if Audi decided to move some production to the USA. That would really speed up delivery to customers.
I don't mean to hijack the thread but do you really believe everything the media puts out?! I ,for one, am for labor. There's always a reason why labor groups strike and unless we've walked in their shoes, we don't have a dog in the fight. Remember, happy employees=happy customers. I'm all for "made in the U.S.A" but if Audi moved some of their production here, you'd easily be paying 30%+ higher for your Q7.
Things wil get resolved and return to normal. I believe Porsche labor groups struck not too long ago. They are back to normal ops now.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
I don't mean to hijack the thread but do you really believe everything the media puts out?! I ,for one, am for labor. There's always a reason why labor groups strike and unless we've walked in their shoes, we don't have a dog in the fight. Remember, happy employees=happy customers. I'm all for "made in the U.S.A" but if Audi moved some of their production here, you'd easily be paying 30%+ higher for your Q7.
Things wil get resolved and return to normal. I believe Porsche labor groups struck not too long ago. They are back to normal ops now.
Yes but if you just put in an order and sold your wife's car and now she is driving an 06 prius, (insert multiple crying emoji's)
Old 06-22-2017, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by djpeaksd
Yes but if you just put in an order and sold your wife's car and now she is driving an 06 prius, (insert multiple crying emoji's)
I feel your pain brotha. At least you are getting one helluva MPG! Always have to look at the bright side.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

My build out was completed on 6/11 and, supposedly, is awaiting being loaded onto carrier. Don't know if this process is being held up.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Management gets the Union it deserves.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Canadian Lurker
Management gets the Union it deserves.
Damn skippy!
Old 06-25-2017, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is some good news for a Sunday. Seems that the strike is almost over.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/reuters/2...ww.google.com/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Audi Q7 Production Delays