Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2018 CPO Q7

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2018 CPO Q7

Been looking into Q7 CPOs with some questions below,

1 - I notice that even the 2018 Q7 PP doesn't come with Drive Assistance package (weird considering a Nissan or Toyota add a lot if not all features at a much lower price point. Can the DA package be dealer installed on a CPO Q7 that doesn't already have it?

2 - It seems I might have to buy an out of state vehicle (I am in CA) since I don't see a color combo for the trim level I want. I see a couple of options in Portland, OR area. What's your experience with buying out of state?

3 - What's the best % discounts do you get on a PP or Prestige CPO. I am targeting vehicles with less than 10K miles

4- One glaring issue (at least for me) is the lack of small storage in the car, understand this issue is relative but what's been your experience with lack of storage?

5 - Also, not a fan that Audi connect subscription is required to operate Google Voice/Siri from the native voice command system. I would rather not pay this subscription, since I don't really care about other features the subscription gets you. Is there a workaround to this? Has anyone been able to get this subscription included for free for an extended term?

Thanks,
Old 04-22-2019, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

1. Don't know, but doubtful
2. I bought my previous Q7 out-of-state and had no regrets. Obviously it needs to get shipped to you, which may cost extra. Be sure you know whether that is part of the deal or not. If not, how much will it be and how long will it take? I found out the hard way that trying to push that cost down can result in a longer delay before the car gets picked up by an auto transport company.
3. No idea
4. A lot of people bring that up. I have not noticed an issue. My previous Q7 had a lot more small storage space, but by the time I sold it that space was filled with stuff I never use. This forces you to stay more organized and not accumulate junk. I have not missed the extra storage.
5. If your phone is plugged in via USB and running Car Play, pressing and holding the car's voice command system activates Siri on the phone. You do not need the subscription for that. I THINK, but will have to confirm this evening, that press and holding may activate Siri even if not plugged in and just connected by bluetooth. Hopefully someone else can confirm that sooner - if not, I'll check it on the drive home... EDITED: Confirmed that it works via bluetooth as well (though you won't see the map on your MMI unless you are plugged in.)

Last edited by AlbertQ7; 04-22-2019 at 03:26 PM. Reason: added text
Old 04-23-2019, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. So are you saying that you can invoke Siri/Google Voice from steering wheel button even without an Audi Connect subscription?
Old 04-23-2019, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie Ved
Thanks. So are you saying that you can invoke Siri/Google Voice from steering wheel button even without an Audi Connect subscription?
Yes