Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2018 Q7 Black Optic Package - All Season Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Q7 Black Optic Package - All Season Tires

Has anybody who ordered the 2018 BOP with the recently offered All Season Tires - 21 inch - taken delivery yet? Curious what brand these are going to be and when they are hitting the USA
Old 09-10-2017, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Considering the option only became available last month, cars ordered with them probably won't show up until the end of October at the earliest.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts

My dealer told me they are Goodyear.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have not taken delivery yet but did order the 21" all season & it is listed on my build sheet. I did get an email today stating my Q7 has gone into production though. My build week is 4317 so around Oct 23rd I believe. I will update if I hear anything about these tires on my order. I'm curious as well how this will pan out.

Last edited by AudigirlQ7; 09-10-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AudigirlQ7
Have not taken delivery yet but did order the 21" all season & it is listed on my build sheet. I did get an email today stating my Q7 has gone into production though. My build week is 4317 so around Oct 23rd I believe. I will update if I hear anything about these tires on my order. I'm curious as well how this will pan out.
My build week is 3717 ( I believe this week) and I haven’t received any email. My salesman said he put me in the portal. But from what I’ve seen in other threads, this is hit or miss. Didn’t mean to hijack the thread, just frustrating. First time I’ve ordered a car and wanted the whole experience.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lectoid
My build week is 3717 ( I believe this week) and I haven’t received any email. My salesman said he put me in the portal. But from what I’ve seen in other threads, this is hit or miss. Didn’t mean to hijack the thread, just frustrating. First time I’ve ordered a car and wanted the whole experience.
Well if it makes you feel any better I had the same issue in the beginning. It wasn't until I emailed a manager & let him know I would like a copy of confirmation that my order was submitted as well as the build sheet that I got any detailed info at all. I would for sure follow up from time to time to get updates & see if you could get a copy of your build sheet and have them enroll you in the "Audi Owner in Waiting Communications" program so you can follow along. It has made the process more bearable for me even if they are estimates.
Old 09-10-2017, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AudigirlQ7
Well if it makes you feel any better I had the same issue in the beginning. It wasn't until I emailed a manager & let him know I would like a copy of confirmation that my order was submitted as well as the build sheet that I got any detailed info at all. I would for sure follow up from time to time to get updates & see if you could get a copy of your build sheet and have them enroll you in the "Audi Owner in Waiting Communications" program so you can follow along. It has made the process more bearable for me even if they are estimates.
i was told I was enrolled in the owner in waiting. Is there a way to prove that?
Old 09-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Lectoid
i was told I was enrolled in the owner in waiting. Is there a way to prove that?
That I'm not sure. I actually went above my sales associate & got the gen managers email off the dealers website and went through him. My sales guy is fairly new and I was his first order so I wanted to be sure it was done right since my order also said delivery would be in June 2018. Gave me a really good opportunity to dig! I just got moved way up after inquiring. Coincidence maybe? I honestly feel like them knowing I know how the process works & me having expectations has helped move this along in my favor.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larsendiv
Has anybody who ordered the 2018 BOP with the recently offered All Season Tires - 21 inch - taken delivery yet? Curious what brand these are going to be and when they are hitting the USA
Took delivery of my BOP last week. It has Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 285/40-21.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 282 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by leejj
Took delivery of my BOP last week. It has Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 285/40-21.
Summer tire?
Appears Asymmetric 2 is summer; Asymmetric All Season is AS version.

Quick Reply: 2018 Q7 Black Optic Package - All Season Tires