Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2018 Q7 extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2018 Q7 extended warranty

I know this has been discussed a bunch but I purchased a platinum plan for the 8 years/80k Miles for 3k and a $250 deductible. Most of what I see is $85-100 deductible. Did I get taken? Seems very high and thinking about canceling since I have 30 days. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-03-2018, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What did you pay? A higher deductible isn't necessarily a bad thing. Simple math says take $150 x number of times to expect to use it, add it to what you paid, and compare to other 8 year/80k miles. With this adjustment, is your plan cheaper or more expensive?
Old 09-03-2018, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by geko29
What did you pay? A higher deductible isn't necessarily a bad thing. Simple math says take $150 x number of times to expect to use it, add it to what you paid, and compare to other 8 year/80k miles. With this adjustment, is your plan cheaper or more expensive?
I paid $3,000 and then the deductible would be $250 per time. I’m just going by what others have said theirs was. Which from mostly what I see is $85-$100 deductible. And most have similar warranty for similar price. Thanks
Old 09-03-2018, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

You got jipped. Did you purchase new or used? If used, you were better off buying CPO, since it covers additional 4 years(after factory warranty) or 100k miles with $85 deductible. I'm pretty sure brand new also has better extended warranty from Audi that would be about the same price as what you paid, but far less deductible.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u overpaid

i got geico mechanical breakdown insurance - cost about $100/year with a $250 deductible. it will cover me for 7 years (100k miles) for about $700. i think its worth it.
https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance...own-insurance/
Old 09-03-2018, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Road Pirate
u overpaid

i got geico mechanical breakdown insurance - cost about $100/year with a $250 deductible. it will cover me for 7 years (100k miles) for about $700. i think its worth it.
Thanks Guys. It was new and felt like $250 was high. But I have 30 days or couple weeks now to cancel.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Pirate
u overpaid

I got the same thing from Geico, but my concern is the premium is not fixed, if GEICO suddenly increases it to $500/yr at the 4th year then I'm screwed. Anyone had this insurance for long, what's your experience?
Old 09-04-2018, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I increasingly view automobiles like I view our laptops. Automobiles are more and more computers on wheels. With a laptop you are well advised to get the extended warranty for the life of you planning to keep the laptop. Same with automobiles today. The vehicles are getting so increasingly complex and I would imagine repairs after the factory warranty runs out, are quite expensive and not always serviceable at independent shops. So we have taken the extended warranty on both of our most recent vehicles. We tend to keep them 8-10 years.

In both cases we took the zero deductible. We rationalized that less ethical repair shop would almost certainly find something to bill within the deductible. We also might hesitate to take the vehicle in even if the service is valid for the warranty. With inflation... paying now can be a better bargain as well. So... for us the zero deductible was in our opinions the only way to go, if you took the extended warranty.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mahkno
I increasingly view automobiles like I view our laptops. Automobiles are more and more computers on wheels. With a laptop you are well advised to get the extended warranty for the life of you planning to keep the laptop. Same with automobiles today. The vehicles are getting so increasingly complex and I would imagine repairs after the factory warranty runs out, are quite expensive and not always serviceable at independent shops. So we have taken the extended warranty on both of our most recent vehicles. We tend to keep them 8-10 years.

In both cases we took the zero deductible. We rationalized that less ethical repair shop would almost certainly find something to bill within the deductible. We also might hesitate to take the vehicle in even if the service is valid for the warranty. With inflation... paying now can be a better bargain as well. So... for us the zero deductible was in our opinions the only way to go, if you took the extended warranty.
We weren’t even offered zero deductible. It just said $3100 and $250 deductible. It was also supppsedly 1k off for the summer of Audi event. Again I knew I had 30 days to research. Just wondering if I should cancel and look elsewhere when it’s time. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The Audi Pure brochure and the contract both have the $0 deductible identified.

Quick Reply: 2018 Q7 extended warranty