Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2018 Q7 Loading Lip Protector

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2018 Q7 Loading Lip Protector

I do quite a bit of traveling and when pulling out my luggage the other day, the wheel hit the lip of the bumper and left a small mark that I was able to get out. I was thinking of either getting a clear film to protect it or even a stainless one. Has anyone done this yet? Can you recommend one? Thanks.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Nomarian
I do quite a bit of traveling and when pulling out my luggage the other day, the wheel hit the lip of the bumper and left a small mark that I was able to get out. I was thinking of either getting a clear film to protect it or even a stainless one. Has anyone done this yet? Can you recommend one? Thanks.
Have you considered the weather tech cargo liner with bumper protector?Not one of the best looking but might come handy
Old 12-08-2017, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good idea. My clear bra guy put a strip back there for the same reason.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had XPel put on my rear bumper loading area, can't see it and it protects it well.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I had XPel put on my rear bumper loading area, can't see it and it protects it well.
Do they do it just for certain areas? That's a good idea, I am at 1000 miles and I already scuffed the area a tiny bit (can hand-buff it out with Meguiar's though) so I am a bit sad. I was so used to the lower tail flip on X5 which totally protected the bumper and made it so much easier to load and unload, so I guess it just needs some getting used to.

I am wondering if the cheap ebay protectors work or if anyone actually bought one before
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Bumper....c100677.m4598
Old 12-08-2017, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had my friend put a clear wrap on the rear bumper just to avoid the issue of unloading and loading things. You might be able to have a detailer buff out the scratches and then put a wrap on.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Do they do it just for certain areas? That's a good idea, I am at 1000 miles and I already scuffed the area a tiny bit (can hand-buff it out with Meguiar's though) so I am a bit sad. I was so used to the lower tail flip on X5 which totally protected the bumper and made it so much easier to load and unload, so I guess it just needs some getting used to.

I am wondering if the cheap ebay protectors work or if anyone actually bought one before
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Bumper....c100677.m4598
XPel offers a "Loading Area Protection" and it's the top of the rear bumper and down around the curve down the bumper a little bit and is only a little wider than the loading area, and unless I think about it and look for it I forget it's even there.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cukoodukoo
Have you considered the weather tech cargo liner with bumper protector?Not one of the best looking but might come handy
I bought this and in all seriousness, hate it. It does the job but it is annoying having to roll it back up. It also unrolls almost every time you get anything out. The velcro it comes with is very weak.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cukoodukoo
I already have something like this, but as others have noted, it is a pain. I had the clear bra one on my last vehicle, but I saw a few stainless steel ones that looked nice. Just wondering if anyone did anything different.
Old 12-08-2017, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Audi had a clear protector as a port option listed when I ordered my Q, but for some reason it was not available when I ordered. Oh well...

Quick Reply: 2018 Q7 Loading Lip Protector