Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2019 Q7 Delivery This Week. Will become a picture thread:)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's gonna be one fine looking vehicle with the adaptive chassis, BOP, and 22s. Post pics when you can
Old 11-14-2018, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
They're charging $40 for a jack now ???? I'll sell you mine for $35 (& make a $35 profit )
Hey OP, I'll sell you my jack for $25
And I'll sell you lightning cables for $50...as many as you want
Old 11-14-2018, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by lapi
Honest question, why would you agree to pay $110 for lightning and USB-C cables? (I know it is included in a "80K bill" and its nothing compared to the total cost of the vehicle)
This is pure American marketing. Even wise people (not referring to OP) lose all sense when making big purchases
Old 11-14-2018, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
That's gonna be one fine looking vehicle with the adaptive chassis, BOP, and 22s. Post pics when you can
Thanks! Hopefully I'll have pics by Friday when the wheels are powdercoated and the car is through PDI.

As for the stupid charges on the sticker (cant believe no one has mentioned $450 for puddle lights...crazy!), I totally get where people are coming from here. for us though, it had the right major options, was on the dealer lot (which I feel we have a great relationship and prefer to buy from them), and buying that one with the ancillary options outweighs the time my wife wouldn't have to enjoy it if we custom ordered one without those items (which we would indeed order without). the other part is that we have her denali sold end of week already, so with 3 little kids the timing works to move into the Q7 directly.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Robbys3m3
Thanks! Hopefully I'll have pics by Friday when the wheels are powdercoated and the car is through PDI.

As for the stupid charges on the sticker (cant believe no one has mentioned $450 for puddle lights...crazy!), I totally get where people are coming from here. for us though, it had the right major options, was on the dealer lot (which I feel we have a great relationship and prefer to buy from them), and buying that one with the ancillary options outweighs the time my wife wouldn't have to enjoy it if we custom ordered one without those items (which we would indeed order without). the other part is that we have her denali sold end of week already, so with 3 little kids the timing works to move into the Q7 directly.
Of course, nothing you can do about a vehcile already on a lot. I bought my puddle lights for $220 I believe (from Audi parts)
Old 11-14-2018, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I also had to pay for cables, roof bars, and few things that I didn't care for (I don't know why these are not "dealer installed" accessories, instead they are tired to VIN).
They are just sitting in my garage, collecting dust until it's time to turn the car in when it's time.
Does anyone know how they residualize or calculate those if I don't return them? How much would Audi charge me if I don't return the roof bars?
Old 11-14-2018, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
I also had to pay for cables, roof bars, and few things that I didn't care for (I don't know why these are not "dealer installed" accessories, instead they are tired to VIN).
Because these are pure margin boosters. $2-$5 items that they charge hundreds for. So even when you knock off 7% of MSRP, there was some $$ there to take off
Old 11-14-2018, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Wheels back...delivery may be tomorrow
Old 11-14-2018, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
That's so nice to hear, as mine has those options and will be here very soon, but I'm very seriously thinking about going to a Q8 (we don't lease and the Q8 should hold its value better), then trade for the facelifted Q7 for MY '20.
Old 11-14-2018, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Quick Reply: 2019 Q7 Delivery This Week. Will become a picture thread:)