Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2019 Q7 Technik Canada - Traffic?

Old 04-07-2019, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my dealer send in a note. I have seen the reply- basically says none of the 2019 Audis have traffic work I g right now- an update is coming in roughly 3-4 weeks to activate it. It was loosely worded so I am not taking 3-4 weeks as gospel. I also sent an email to Audi care...
Old 04-07-2019, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mlavio829
how did you find out about the tmc info? I just picked up my new 2019 Audi A5 SB Technik and had the same issue. Using OBD11, I found that my tmc was set to 65535 which is disabled. Not sure why it would ship disabled. After enabling it to 65533, it seems to work and I get the Online function as well. I kind of expected the traffic info to contain more information tho. It has the major highways and incidents on some streets but I sort of expected more traffic flow on major streets.

I also dont don’t seem to have traffic showing on the myAudi app. Is yours working?
Traffic info still better than the one from Sirius. It shows flow info on highways and only shows congestion on secondary roads.
I do not use myaudi for traffic info , wayz and google maps are much better suited for that
Old 04-07-2019, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JV23
I had my dealer send in a note. I have seen the reply- basically says none of the 2019 Audis have traffic work I g right now- an update is coming in roughly 3-4 weeks to activate it. It was loosely worded so I am not taking 3-4 weeks as gospel. I also sent an email to Audi care...
I raised the issue next day after receiving the car, but guy in charge of preparing and releasing the vehicle had no idea how to fix traffic info for me, so I just took initiative into my own hands. Called the guy after I fix it, with description what needs to be done, but I guess he still had no idea what I am talking about.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I emailed Audi Canada/Audi Care and then talked with Audi Care and apparently: “we are currently experiencing a widespread disruption to the online traffic service in model year 2019 vehicles. Our Technical Support team is working diligently towards a resolution for this problem, and we hope to have this matter resolved for all customers affected as soon as possible.”
They said that I should follow up with my dealer. Most likely a software update (TSB?) will be needed to be performed by Audi.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

I emailed Audi Canada/Audi Care and then talked with Audi Care and apparently: “we are currently experiencing a widespread disruption to the online traffic service in model year 2019 vehicles. Our Technical Support team is working diligently towards a resolution for this problem, and we hope to have this matter resolved for all customers affected as soon as possible.”
They said that I should follow up with my dealer. Most likely a software update (TSB?) will be needed to be performed by Audi.
OMG, They are still using this BS line. It's a F off line. They used it back with 2018 models where the actual issue was incorrectly programmed parameters. After about 3 hours on the phone with different support agents, I managed to get the right one on the phone, who walked me through a process of getting the vehicle to communicate properly with Audi servers. It took 10 minutes. Now granted, this was in US and traffic and google maps was supposed to be accessible straight out of the box, but man this brings back memories.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also, I’m kind of wondering if there is another tmc code for traffic in Canada. Using the tmc code above I’m only getting traffic in the GTA area. Don’t get it anywhere else. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-10-2019, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Also, I’m kind of wondering if there is another tmc code for traffic in Canada. Using the tmc code above I’m only getting traffic in the GTA area. Don’t get it anywhere else. Anyone have any ideas?
Your pic shows some traffic info in Buffalo, I guess it is limited to show 100-200km radius in order not to overburden navigation unit with too much details
Old 04-10-2019, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well that would make sense however, if i zoom into New York, Cleveland, or even Ottawa i don't get anything. Only GTA is showing with that small part near Buffalo. I used to get this information on my BMW and it also used Inrix.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well that would make sense however, if i zoom into New York, Cleveland, or even Ottawa i don't get anything. Only GTA is showing with that small part near Buffalo. I used to get this information on my BMW and it also used Inrix.
Try setting your destination to something like Maryland or virginia, traffic info will show up along your route
Old 04-10-2019, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ok i will have to try that.
Also, just received a phone call from Audi Connect Canada. I was reassured that their are still problems with Traffic flow in Canada as it is not working correctly for any 2019 Canadian owners.
She said that Audi Germany and Audi Canada have engineers working to fix the problem. It's weird because if the issue is that the TMC code is disabled, why would that take so long for them to figure out?
She said that she was told that in 3-4 weeks a new software update would be released to the dealers. The dealers would then have to perform the update to get traffic flow working correctly.
I wish there was better communication regarding this issue to owners.

For what it is worth, i also don't have calendars working and i don't see the Calendars app on the MMI to even see it. The myAudi app just says it is not connected to the vehicle MMI (even though it is)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Q7 Technik Canada - Traffic?