Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

3 Days With a New Q8 How Does It Compare To The Q7?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 03:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write-up; appreciate the insight and candid feedback. Wife and I weren't won over by the Q8 and shared many of your same sentiments. Went with the MY19 Q7 because it did everything well.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cdyd12
Great write-up; appreciate the insight and candid feedback. Wife and I weren't won over by the Q8 and shared many of your same sentiments. Went with the MY19 Q7 because it did everything well.
Thanks, you guys made a good choice and we will most likely follow suit...the current Q7 is close to perfection, and it will be the last year Audi uses the more expensive stuff
Old 12-13-2018, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Great comparison write up. The biggest issue I dislike about the Q8, is the size. Audi should have named it the Q6. I doubt people with families will choose the Q8 over the Q7, since most people looking for the Q7 is using it as a family SUV. This will drive the sales down for the Q8, and as OP says, the price of this car will eventually drop, or it will be discontinued in a few years.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by itiongo
Great comparison write up. The biggest issue I dislike about the Q8, is the size. Audi should have named it the Q6. I doubt people with families will choose the Q8 over the Q7, since most people looking for the Q7 is using it as a family SUV. This will drive the sales down for the Q8, and as OP says, the price of this car will eventually drop, or it will be discontinued in a few years.
The Q8 is such a good looking car and the SQ8 is coming (which will be better obviously), I dont see this model being discontinued in a few years. Look at the X6, that thing is a monstrosity, how long has that already been around? As far as the 2019 Q7, there should be some huge discounts available on that car next year, with the new center stack coming for 2020. I know some people prefer the non-touch screen set-up but to me the ‘19 Q7 interior already looks outdated when compared to the Q8...

Old 12-14-2018, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I agree. Save the Q8 monicker for a large suv that would contend with X7. An A8 in suv form
Old 12-14-2018, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Q8 sales are already down it seems. My dealer got back to me offering the 6% discount I asked him when I test drove the Q8. Back then, he wanted MSRP.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mention of "cost-cutting" raises some concerns about stuff just breaking or leaking or squeaking. Some people here have already reported those issues on their Q7s so I wonder just how much worse it can get for the Q8, which is about $4K more than the equivalent Q7. That's $85K+ for a car that could give more headaches than the Q7 has given some people.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by smacky
The mention of "cost-cutting" raises some concerns about stuff just breaking or leaking or squeaking. Some people here have already reported those issues on their Q7s so I wonder just how much worse it can get for the Q8, which is about $4K more than the equivalent Q7. That's $85K+ for a car that could give more headaches than the Q7 has given some people.
From my extensive testing the Q7 just feels like a much more solid vehcile...and w/o the lux/acuostic glass all 4 windows in the Q8 squeak like hell against the seals when gong over bumps etc
Old 12-14-2018, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cup holders at least look bigger in the Q8
Old 12-14-2018, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by a4b7ga
The cup holders at least look bigger in the Q8
lol

Quick Reply: 3 Days With a New Q8 How Does It Compare To The Q7?