Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

4M Bugs or Issues???

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 4M Bugs or Issues???

For those of you who have taken delivery of your new Q7 and have put on some miles... Have you run into any issues or faults or anything that needed a dealer visit in the first six months of ownership?
Old 06-13-2016, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not yet on either of ours. We did get the airbag light letter ( Service Action 69M7) over the weekend for both cars so that's something that will need to be done. On our Prestige, there is a rattle coming from somewhere - not sure if its a water bottle under a seat, something in the sunroof/headliner, or something else. Hasn't risen to the "go back to the dealer" level yet. I need to clean all the kids stuff in the back before I consider the car at fault. So far, so good! We picked up one at the beginning of February, now has 3000 miles. The other was mid-April and has about 1200 miles. We're thrilled with each of them.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
For those of you who have taken delivery of your new Q7 and have put on some miles... Have you run into any issues or faults or anything that needed a dealer visit in the first six months of ownership?
With 8000 miles under my belt the only thing I am going to bug the dealer on is the drivers door takes a little too much force to close.
I do have the tailgate opening up randomly. No known pattern.
And I never did get the iPhone App to connect because the scratch off number managed to disappear at delivery.

MMI and CarPlay has a number of weird issues that I assume will get sorted out over time.

Love the car
Old 06-13-2016, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
Visited the dealer last month for these issues:
1. Sunroof creaks/rattles - the technician read the work order wrong, so nothing was done. The advisor promised to "grease" the sunroof in my next visit (probably 10K maintenance).
2. The date/time/odometer/etc info in the driver display disappears sometimes - again the same technician performed the work on a different area, so nothing was done for this one either.

So due to the incompetent technician, the issues are still there. If these issues get annoying further, I am considering go to a different dealer and hope for more knowledgeable technicians.

There are other small issues as well, but nothing prompts me to go to the dealer yet.

The car has 4K miles now.
Old 06-13-2016, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

We have about 2k on our Q7 and no issues to report. Curious to hear how your X5 M-Sport is holding up.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

9400 miles... a number of minor issues but over all extremely satisfied:

About 1000 miles ago, park assist failed and did my eve contour lights. Turns out there is wiring in the passenger sun visor (!) that shorted and blew a fuse that affected both. New visor, all works.

Radio just went dead..nothing...random...rested car, restarted and it worked. they could not find issue.. hopefully all OK

last assist resets it self randomly from wide to narrow (or something like that)...its clearly a software bug...

Went to dealer this week who told me about service bulletin for passenger airbag sensor... and new MMI software version....got both, maybe SW will be more stable now...
Old 06-13-2016, 08:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Around 1,500 miles and just software bugs, such as:

1) Cruising around 60mph after more than 1h drive the Virtual Cockpit went dead (totally black) the engine did not turned off, HUD was still on and the cruise control did not disengages . It came back to life after a few seconds (which lasted an eternity for me).

2) Using the NAV on the MMI it was switching back and forth from regular map to Google Earth map.

3) Tried to drag race from a red light: I changed the driving mode to Dynamic, turned off ESP and pedal to the metal at green light. The beast jumped and several warning lights went on, including a message to take it to Audi.

After the third bug I took it to Dealer, which got the car on Monday morning and returned it back to me by Friday lunch time. The explanations about the bugs were (1) it was a software issue and needed to reinstall; (2) the MMI software was updated and problem solved; and (3) it was informed again as a software crash. In addition, I was informed that two other software updates were installed, but I was not informed which softwares were updated.

I'm very satisfied with the car, but was not happy with Dealer taking a week to reinstall and update softwares.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

A couple of random thoughts from me:
1) I was stressing that I had 5500 miles...nice to know I am not leading the country in miles
2) With all of this over the air capability why do we have to take the car back to the dealership for a software upgrade?
3) How come Audi is not telling me there are upgrade options available? And what's in them?
Old 06-14-2016, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Have had a few so far:

1) It seems the A/C always blows full blast no matter the temp. Its pretty loud too
2) Had a safety system malfunction with airbag light come on at 3000 miles. Turns out there was a loose connection in the passenger side door.
3) The speed warning doesnt seem to work. First of all, it onyl lets me input Kilometers/hr even though i am set up to use miles per hour. It also never triggers the warning...and this car is way too easy to speed in.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Walter4
MMI and CarPlay has a number of weird issues that I assume will get sorted out over time.
this seems to be a carplay issues because i have noticed complaints on that features across several forums.

Originally Posted by PAARIN@GMAIL.COM
and this car is way too easy to speed in.
not much concern over that, i owned a heavily modified Q7 3.0 before and SUV which are much faster than the Q7 in stock or modified form but one thing i did find is that without exhaust is much easier to speed because it was quieter and did not feel like it was working hard so you really only notice when you're passing other vehicles far more frequently then others are passing you. (IMO)

Quick Reply: 4M Bugs or Issues???