6 month order to delivery? - AudiWorld Forums

Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

6 month order to delivery?

Old 02-12-2018, 08:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 6 month order to delivery?

I placed a custom order in january, and just got notified of a July delivery. The salesman I'm working with seems on top of things, but I'm a bit shocked about the turn around time. I saw someone else on the board talk about 90 days. Does the ~6 month timeline make sense to folks?
Old 02-12-2018, 09:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sound44 View Post
I placed a custom order in january, and just got notified of a July delivery. The salesman I'm working with seems on top of things, but I'm a bit shocked about the turn around time. I saw someone else on the board talk about 90 days. Does the ~6 month timeline make sense to folks?
It depends on your order. I latched onto an order in September that was originated by the dealer in August. It was initially scheduled for delivery in february, but because of the delays with the samurai gray actually won't be delivered until late march/ early april. Other things have caused delays in the past have been things like BOP. The custom orders in general seem to take close to 6 months. It is an exercise in patience unfortunately.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ordered my Q7 on Sep 16 last year, was just built, on its way to port. Expected delivery end of March. So in my case, yes, about 6 months.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer told me to expect 90 days on my order placed last Friday. I really hope he wasn't blowing smoke. I really don't want to wait 6 months.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by eettare View Post
My dealer told me to expect 90 days on my order placed last Friday. I really hope he wasn't blowing smoke. I really don't want to wait 6 months.
Good Luck, unless he changed an order that was already placed for stock you've got a wait in front of you. Ask him for the order confirmation, it will have the approx build date right on it, then figure another 30 days from there for shipping.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's so weird. I just put in a European Delivery order and the sales manager told me car will go into production end of april for anticipated pikcup from Factory at end of June.

I built a Glacier White Premium Plus 2.0T with all the options offered.

What kind of custom order did you do?
Old 02-13-2018, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sound44 View Post
Couple of reasons. 1) Your dealer dosn't have enough allocation, 2) You ordered something that could delay production like BOP or tow package.

Having said that, I was also warned of possible delay, but mine came in 4 months from order
Old 02-13-2018, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Couple of reasons. 1) Your dealer dosn't have enough allocation, 2) You ordered something that could delay production like BOP or tow package.

Having said that, I was also warned of possible delay, but mine came in 4 months from order
whats BOP ?

The sound system?
Old 02-13-2018, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Black Out/Optic Plus Package

Last edited by Mesquite77; 02-13-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Black Optics Package

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6 month order to delivery?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: