6 month order to delivery? - Page 2 - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

6 month order to delivery?

Old 02-13-2018, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sadly Audi has about the most abysmal ordering times in the industry. It's really ridiculous to be honest. There have been substantial delivery delays on the new A8, RS3, TT RS, A4, A5, S4, S5, Q5, and Q7...all in the last 6 months (so yeah, nearly every model). It's like Germany and America coordinates once a month with a phone call, and the right had has no idea what the left is doing. You never know at any given time when you might have a multi-month delay with your order. Your dealer really has no idea when it will come (no control over it), they simply are going off the best info they have now (which is subject to dramatic change at any time).

That said.....if you really like the Q7 enough to special order when they it's clear you are enthusiastic about the brand and car...and I can assure you the long wait will be worth it and you will be in for a big treat when it arrives (if the anticipation doesn't kill you first).
Old 02-13-2018, 10:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had ordered my 2018 Q7 3.0 Prestige (no BOP) in September and picked it up in end of January.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

my 2018 Q7 with BOP took about 3 1/2 months.. place the order on july 26, took delivery on nov 16
Old 02-13-2018, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Couple of reasons. 1) Your dealer dosn't have enough allocation, 2) You ordered something that could delay production like BOP or tow package.

Having said that, I was also warned of possible delay, but mine came in 4 months from order
That is most likely a reason mine is taking 6 months - small dealership. Plus every option except B&O.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Force-1 View Post
That is most likely a reason mine is taking 6 months - small dealership. Plus every option except B&O.
I ordered at my small dealer November 8. They had cars in the system but their configurations had already been locked in. So, had to wait for another allocation. The car was allocated on November 25 and finished building on February 7 and is on its way to port now. It looks like it should be on the next ship out which arrives at the port in San Diego March 16 so I am guessing I could have the car maybe around the 26th. When the allocation initially came through it had a "draft eta" of 4/25/2018 to 5/11/2018. The dealer said that Audi typically over estimates the time and that he thought the car would arrive in March. It looks like he is correct. I should add that mine has "BOP".
Old 02-23-2018, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was a little worried when I read this post, but my dealer contacted me today with reassuring information. My order (submitted 02/12) has a production week of 1218 with a production complete date of 3/29(ETA) and a ship departure date of 04/16(ETA). Dealer delivery estimate of 04/30-05/20(ETA). Hopefully someone of you will get similar updates and not have to wait 6 months.
Old 02-23-2018, 06:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eettare View Post
I was a little worried when I read this post, but my dealer contacted me today with reassuring information. My order (submitted 02/12) has a production week of 1218 with a production complete date of 3/29(ETA) and a ship departure date of 04/16(ETA). Dealer delivery estimate of 04/30-05/20(ETA). Hopefully someone of you will get similar updates and not have to wait 6 months.
Ordered mine 3rd week in Dec. Night Black/Black, w/ Alcantara , Prestige, Lux, Night Vison, Adp chassis, Diver assist, rear side air -b's
I was told completion early Mar, delivery end of Mar - early April
Will call tomorrow and get an update
Old 02-25-2018, 03:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hammer458 View Post

Ordered mine 3rd week in Dec. Night Black/Black, w/ Alcantara , Prestige, Lux, Night Vison, Adp chassis, Diver assist, rear side air -b's
I was told completion early Mar, delivery end of Mar - early April
Will call tomorrow and get an update
Update: Spoke to the dealer on Saturday.Recd confirmation car is on track to be delivered early April. We shall see