Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Adaptive chassis package

Old 07-27-2016, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive chassis package

Not sure if I missed this or not, but would like feedback on the Adaptive chassis package. Have not had the opportunity to drive ,, I did notice a bit of sway during my last test ride w/out this feature . Its pricey at 4k , and not sure about the 4 wheel steering,, thanks
Old 07-27-2016, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Four wheel steering is amazing. Feels like it turns sharper than my wifes old Tiguan
Old 07-27-2016, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Soooo glad I got it, it's worth every penny. The combo of the air suspension and 4 wheel steering provide a superior ride / handling thats unmatched. You really notice just how great it all is on familiar roads and routs. Prior to buying I had a loaner for a few days w the standard suspension so I got a good feel of that in my daily drive, the Adaptive Chassis wins hands down.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Wasn't crazy about the potential reliability liability of rear wheel steering and air suspension at first, but after 1 month of ownership, I truly feel the Adaptive chassis is the best option package you can get on the new Q7 by far! My motivation to get it was purely for the self-levelling suspension when towing a trailer, but little did I know how great the air suspension and rear-wheel steering makes the ride comfort, handling, and low-speed maneuverability. And I have yet to even tow with the car. If I could only choose one option package on this car, adaptive chassis would be it! It's what makes the car in my book and I'm willing to deal with any potential future repair headaches just to have it.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I ordered my Prestige early in the process & there we're no demonstrators to test drive & compare. I initially ordered the car without active suspension but then just before cut off time I figured "oh, what the heck" & had my dealer do an order change to include it.
Greatest decision I ever made regarding a car. The thing rides & handles so much better than my 2013 Prestige S-Line with standard suspension. Love the adjustability (it's fun to be stopped at a light & change from Comfort mode to Dynamic & watch the front end literally "hunker down".
The 4 wheel steering is freakin' awesome. I can get into tight 90 degree parking spaces easily without a bunch of back & forth jockeying.
Being a tightwad, I never thought I'd say it - but it was worth every penny (OK - it is a little expensive, but considering the prices for the "upgraded interior" & "upgraded audio system"`it's a bargain).
Old 07-28-2016, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

We've had our Prestige for about 2 months now, the Adaptive Chassis is by far the best pkg option imo. 4 wheel steering is great, especially in parking situations. It turns tighter than our previous 2014 Q5. Get it, it will not disappoint.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Beeg
We've had our Prestige for about 2 months now, the Adaptive Chassis is by far the best pkg option imo. 4 wheel steering is great, especially in parking situations. It turns tighter than our previous 2014 Q5. Get it, it will not disappoint.
Does anyone have the numbers on turn radius with vs. without the adaptive chassis package? Google says 20.35, which I'm guessing is without. Best guess from what I could find online comes from an Edmunds review, which states the package will reduce "its turning circle by about 3 feet." That's pretty significant. I have a 2012 Touareg which does a uturn in about 19.5', which is REALLY right for such a large car... only half a foot wider than my 2011 MINI countryman
Old 07-28-2016, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Beeg
agreed.. really impressive. occasionally from park to reverse I cant figure out how to activate it though it seems like you have to be moving a bit before it turns on somehow?
Old 07-28-2016, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bootnet
agreed.. really impressive. occasionally from park to reverse I cant figure out how to activate it though it seems like you have to be moving a bit before it turns on somehow?
Have not received my Q7 yet but i hear that the 4 wheel steering only activates after you reach a certain speed. If true....anyone know the reason for this ?
Old 07-28-2016, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get it if you have no plans to keep it beyond the warranty.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Adaptive chassis package