AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Adding to the family (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/adding-family-2906076/)

bigdaddyp61 09-01-2016 01:20 AM

Adding to the family

Placed an order yesterday for a 2017 Q7 Prestige. Glacier White, Rock Gray, and most bells and whistles. The wife said it was time to get her own Audi and I couldn't argue. Estimated delivery date of 15 Nov. I will post some pics once we take ownership. Only thing she wanted and couldn't get was the parking assist package - the one where it will park itself with a little input from the driver. Seems that's only a European option. If anyone with a US spec Q7 has it, please let me know so we can modify our order as our salesman here couldn't find the code.

mi_sat 09-01-2016 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by bigdaddyp61 (Post 24852836)
Placed an order yesterday for a 2017 Q7 Prestige. Glacier White, Rock Gray, and most bells and whistles. The wife said it was time to get her own Audi and I couldn't argue. Estimated delivery date of 15 Nov. I will post some pics once we take ownership. Only thing she wanted and couldn't get was the parking assist package - the one where it will park itself with a little input from the driver. Seems that's only a European option. If anyone with a US spec Q7 has it, please let me know so we can modify our order as our salesman here couldn't find the code.

Congrats! Haven't seen that option here yet. I certainly would have ordered it, just for the "cool" factor.

dhc8guru 09-01-2016 03:43 AM

Its not on U.S. spec cars. I have a suspicion that because the drivers assist makes the car level 3 autonomous and maybe adding in the self parking would have made the car have to go through testing for level 4 autonomous and they didn't want do that?

srbsq7 09-01-2016 05:04 AM

I have it on my UK spec Q7 but I think I've only used it twice in 3 months.

It is quite handy if you are looking for a gap in parked cars to parallel park as it knows where the gap is big enough and then obviously can park the car for you.

It's a shame it when parking in a bay that it can't line up using the parking bay lines as I would use it more often. Unfortunately it relies on a car being either side of the bay which renders it useless for me as UK bays are typically small and there's no way I'd want to wedge my car in-between two others!

Cristagalli 09-01-2016 06:32 AM

When I test drove the Volvo XC90, I tried to use the auto park. It still required a lot of human assistance to work, and the car was not lined up straight. It also tried to back us up too far - right into another car parked in the space behind. I feel the 360 degree camera will be enough for me as I am driving a really big Expedition EL now. Still waiting for my order to arrive to really test this out. Congrats on the new order.

bigdaddyp61 09-01-2016 01:29 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. Kinda looks like it isn't going to be missed at all. Now if they'd just add the seat massage without forking out for the luxury package for us AARP folks, that would be great!