Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's a WA dealership.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm not trying to reverse anything since it's a done deal, I didn't sign most of them though since I figured it out before signing , just a little unhappy when I recall the whole signing process. I'm OK for trying to sell me other product and services , etc. but in this case , he has been selling all these by lying or hiding , which is too much .
Anyways , I'm happy with my new car , that's what matters most .
Old 01-08-2019, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

Relating to what SCarGuy wrote above about the early prepayment and Audi charging the incentives back to the dealer. My dealer had explained that to me as well. I was planning on essentially paying cash (since I received a large sum from my previous TDI buyback), so I did the financing only to get the extra incentive. They explained that it would OK to do a large initial payment, followed by several more payments at the normal level in order to pay it off in 3 or 6 payments. That way, with the large initial payment made, the interest on the remainder is much less. I get to keep more of the incentive by paying less interest and the dealer doesn't have to payback the incentive to Audi either. Win-win for us. Since they were upfront with me regarding all of that, I was happy to proceed in that fashion.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by charlesw325
it's a WA dealership.
Please don't say Audi of Tacoma. That Audi care price they gave you was high. Its supposed to be a little under 900 for the Q7
Old 01-08-2019, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Makes sense , I totally agree , it's a business and a business needs to make profit to stay in business. just a little unhappy about the way they did it.
Our state does have separate lines for each item , it's a long page though .and the way they do it was to discuss everything on a separate sheet to hide the details , then when signing the contract , just flash the page , point at the final line saying this is to confirm that's the price you agreed on, sign it. but I did ask to go through the details on the page and this is where I found what's the "Registration fee".
As for the AFS deal , I agree with you , if they discuss with me upfront asking me to maintain 3 payments so they don't get screwed , consider paying 300 to get 2000 , I'll totally understand and will honor it , a deal is a deal . I'd like to maintain good relationship with dealer and I hope they do too . Unfortunately , in this case , they didn't .
The sales person was very helpful though.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7
Relating to what SCarGuy wrote above about the early prepayment and Audi charging the incentives back to the dealer. My dealer had explained that to me as well. I was planning on essentially paying cash (since I received a large sum from my previous TDI buyback), so I did the financing only to get the extra incentive. They explained that it would OK to do a large initial payment, followed by several more payments at the normal level in order to pay it off in 3 or 6 payments. That way, with the large initial payment made, the interest on the remainder is much less. I get to keep more of the incentive by paying less interest and the dealer doesn't have to payback the incentive to Audi either. Win-win for us. Since they were upfront with me regarding all of that, I was happy to proceed in that fashion.
yep, and I've told clients the same.

Or, for people who were otherwise cash buyers, who don't have anywhere that they need to park that large lump sum as far as an investment in the short term, maximize the downpayment up front, thus financing the minimum, and you further eliminate whatever small interest you pay
Old 01-08-2019, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by charlesw325
Makes sense , I totally agree , it's a business and a business needs to make profit to stay in business. just a little unhappy about the way they did it.
Our state does have separate lines for each item , it's a long page though .and the way they do it was to discuss everything on a separate sheet to hide the details , then when signing the contract , just flash the page , point at the final line saying this is to confirm that's the price you agreed on, sign it. but I did ask to go through the details on the page and this is where I found what's the "Registration fee".
As for the AFS deal , I agree with you , if they discuss with me upfront asking me to maintain 3 payments so they don't get screwed , consider paying 300 to get 2000 , I'll totally understand and will honor it , a deal is a deal . I'd like to maintain good relationship with dealer and I hope they do too . Unfortunately , in this case , they didn't .
The sales person was very helpful though.
That is unfortunate to say the least.

I work for Audi, and if I were you, I'd still escalate it to corporate tbh
Old 01-08-2019, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
That is unfortunate to say the least.

I work for Audi, and if I were you, I'd still escalate it to corporate tbh
I agree, even though Audi will most likely give you "the dealerships are mostly independetly owned/operated and we cannot control them", registering a complaint will not go un-noticed and will get back to the dealership...enough of these complaints may hurt some of the dealership's year end $ from AoA.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that you have X number of days to cancel any additional warranty purchased in the finance department. I cancelled one of mine because I determined that it wasn't worth it for me. I know that I am allowed to cancel within 30 days (IL LAW - differs by state) for free and then i believe there is a small fee/proration after 30 days.
My finance guy told me to call him on day 30 because he has to wait for it to kick in. I didn't believe him and thought he was being shady. I got his email address, as well as my sales rep, and emailed them evidence of our verbal conversation. On day 30 he actually called me. I signed a simple form and am supposed to get my refund. it had now been about 40 days and i haven't seen it yet. He told me that I should see a credit given to audi financial within 6-8 weeks. I am watching this like a hawk.

If you have the time and patience for this, go after it. Figure out his email address and send him written evidence of your cancellation. You don't even have to talk to him. I looked at my contract, and see that FL has a 60 day cancellation policy to get a full refund. Let me know if you need a copy of this cancellation policy and I can send you a copy.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just realized you said Washington dealership. Washington has a 30 day cancellation window with no penalty. After thirty days its prorated minus a $25 dollar fee.

Quick Reply: Advice on escalating dealership issue