Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Advice Request: 2017 CPO Q7 Rotors and Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Uh, yeah! They were trying to rip you off. What does marginal mean? how much pad left, versus minimum? What do you mean rust? The whole rotor has rusted, through and through??
Rotor rust is BS - they rust quickly if not driving, but after pad cleans it off there should be no noise. There is rust on my rotors -now- after not driving the Q7 for a couple of days (it is not garaged). If they are completely rusted though, then it is a rotor manufacturing defect if the car is relatively new. Agree with BigKutta - Dealer 1 trying their best to rip you off.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by dohturdima
Rotor rust is BS - they rust quickly if not driving, but after pad cleans it off there should be no noise. There is rust on my rotors -now- after not driving the Q7 for a couple of days (it is not garaged). If they are completely rusted though, then it is a rotor manufacturing defect if the car is relatively new. Agree with BigKutta - Dealer 1 trying their best to rip you off.
Exactly!
Old 12-04-2018, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the feedback on the BS from the dealer on rotor rust. Your comments make a lot of sense, and I agree with the logical rationale. I've got a call out to the Service Manager of Dealer 1 tomorrow and will explain these sequence of events. Will keep you all posted.

Meantime, if anyone has or knows where I could obtain a copy of the TSB 2050735/3 and TSB 2050735/1, it would useful for me to make my arguments - please let me know.
THANKS.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just a brief update on my situation with Dealer 1. I got through speaking with the service manager who was not helpful in resolving the squeaky braking issue. The manager stated that (1) TSB's are not Recall's and are not necessarily repaired free of charge, (2) Also, further stated that in my particular situation, the brake pads had gone passed the measurements where they could get reimbursed by AUDU USA. The front measurements were 6mm, and rear were 5mm. The manager also said that measurements had to be in the 'green' section of the report, otherwise everyone would be asking for new brakes pads based on squeaky noise. I still need to meet with Dealer 2 - so still waiting to see what happens there. All this said, I also received a survey from AUDI on the work from Dealer 1, and as you can imagine I expressed my disappointment. Not sure what if anything will come from the survey.

BTW, I also learned that TSB's when repaired free of charged - is based on the dealer's 'goodwill'.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cammot
The manager stated that (1) TSB's are not Recall's and are not necessarily repaired free of charge, (2) Also, further stated that in my particular situation, the brake pads had gone passed the measurements where they could get reimbursed by AUDU USA.

BTW, I also learned that TSB's when repaired free of charged - is based on the dealer's 'goodwill'.
wut? something doesn't add up here.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by cammot
Again, another load of BS: https://www.edmunds.com/car-maintena...n-help-me.html

Directly from the article: "best thing about finding a TSB that seems to cover a persistent problem in your vehicle is that dealerships will make the repair for free, provided that
  • Your vehicle is under warranty;
  • Your service advisor and/or technicians are able to confirm that the problem exists." ---> nothing about "goodwill". The problem is there or not, as per TSB. If there, should be repaired under warranty.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a load of crap. Here are the relevant pages from the TSB. My dealer had no problem providing me with a copy of it when asked. Yours should do the same.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-.../#post25246773
Old 12-17-2018, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by txaudiguy
What a load of crap. Here are the relevant pages from the TSB. My dealer had no problem providing me with a copy of it when asked. Yours should do the same.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-.../#post25246773
Thanks for the various suggestions. These additional actions steps helped progress my case a little further:

Make sure you receive the complementry Multipoint inspection report (three color bars indicating the brake pad measurements) and also COMPLETE the Audi customer survey anytime your vehicle has been seen at a Audi dealer.

If, you are not satisfied with the assessment or service provided for your vehicle, indicate this strongly in your survey. There is a question that asks if you will recommend the dealership to a friend on a a scale of 0 to 5, 5 being the highest recommendation. If you are disappointed, make sure you have a 0 (zero) maked. This report affects the dealers ratings, and goes to both the dealer’s upper management and Audi USA for review. Dealers dread negative feedback going to the various higher management and the potential consequences.

Call Audi USA customer service ((888) 237-2834 , drill down thru the promts, and get the relevant department to speak with and record your specific complaint. This will trigger a follow up between the Audi USA National and the dealer in question, and they get back to you with the resolution where applicable.

4. YES, take your vehcle to another dealer (even two other) for assessment and TSB application. Keep your description of the complaint descrpition to verbatim as stated on the TSB. Whatever the outcome you receive, ensure you get the multipoint inspection report !. Compare the report with the other dealers report and note discrepacies. Update Audi USA (with your case number) with the conflicting responses between dealer where appropriate.

Dealers loathe negative surveys and Audi National interventions. The above will inevitably create a rift with your future relationship and your dealer, and you may have to change your service dealer.

Be aware that while there are competing aspects between dealerships to retain customers, they also network with and thru their local and common Audi Rep, that could undermine your efforts.

Old 01-16-2019, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 60K miles and about to replace

Just this morning, I called my local dealer and got quoted $1,000 for the front and $1,000 for the rear. Brakes were in the yellow 3 weeks ago when I was in to get my rear wiper assembly replaced due to vandalism. Since then I've put an additional 1500 miles on the car due to holiday travel. I live in New Jersey USA and commute 25 miles daily and try not to brake too hard. I currently have 60,000 miles on my vehicle and will probably put another 500 miles on it before 60K service and brakes.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default brake pads on backorder

Hi,
i was told that these are on backonder. Any idea of wait times?
cheers,

Bob

Quick Reply: Advice Request: 2017 CPO Q7 Rotors and Brake Pads