Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ambient LED interior lighting package vs. Ambient LED interior lighting plus package

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ambient LED interior lighting package vs. Ambient LED interior lighting plus package

What's the difference b/w Ambient LED interior lighting package (Premium Plus) and Ambient LED interior lighting plus package (Prestige)?
Old 05-16-2016, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ramq7
What's the difference b/w Ambient LED interior lighting package (Premium Plus) and Ambient LED interior lighting plus package (Prestige)?
The Lightning Plus package in the Prestige adds more color customizability to the lighting and a color wheel feature. Just more color bling that's all. I believe the lighting package in Premium Plus only has white LEDs, which only turns red when door-opening-incoming traffic detection safety features are triggered. Prestige allows you to change colors to your heart's content.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
The Lightning Plus package in the Prestige adds more color customizability to the lighting and a color wheel feature. Just more color bling that's all. I believe the lighting package in Premium Plus only has white LEDs, which only turns red when door-opening-incoming traffic detection safety features are triggered. Prestige allows you to change colors to your heart's content.
Does the P+ have the LED strip along the edge of the storage tray in front of the center arm rest?
Old 07-26-2016, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ninja agent
Does the P+ have the LED strip along the edge of the storage tray in front of the center arm rest?
No it does not!
Old 07-26-2016, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We can make our cars look like a party bus FTMFW!
Old 07-26-2016, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Prestige allows you to change colors to your heart's content.
I have tried to change the colors but did not find many options. I only found red, white, orange and may be 2 more. How do you get the heart's content? Is it an additional option in prestige?
Old 07-26-2016, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another nice touch (on Prestige) is that the bottle holder area has a "motion sensing led light! I was surprised!
The following users liked this post:
4RingsBoi (09-08-2023)
Old 07-26-2016, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
We can make our cars look like a party bus FTMFW!
Lolol
Old 07-26-2016, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ven7782
I have tried to change the colors but did not find many options. I only found red, white, orange and may be 2 more. How do you get the heart's content? Is it an additional option in prestige?
Go to the interior lighting menu of the MMI and turn the dial to highlight "Individual", then press the contextual soft key "+' and it will offer you a multitude of color options... I believe 30+ colors selectable by turning a "color wheel" for 2 sets of lightning groups. You can select different colors as well as brightness for each lighting group to customize even further. Standard on Prestige only, and cannot be chosen as a standalone option on P and P+ cars as far as I know.

Last edited by larryV; 07-26-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
Go to the interior lighting menu of the MMI and turn the dial to highlight "Individual", then press the contextual soft key "+' and it will offer you a multitude of color options... I believe 30+ colors selectable by turning a "color wheel" for 2 sets of lightning groups. You can select different colors as well as brightness for each lighting group to customize even further. Standard on Prestige only, and cannot be chosen as a standalone option on P and P+ cars as far as I know.
Thanks, will try it today.

Quick Reply: Ambient LED interior lighting package vs. Ambient LED interior lighting plus package