Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Annoying Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

There are people who think that cognac smells like cockroaches and there are people who think that cockroaches smell like cognac. Peace!
Old 09-26-2017, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Just to clarify, TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) is the term used by all monitoring systems. I believe you are referring to "active" TPMS which uses individual wheel pressure sensors (and is no longer used in most Audi models) vs. "Passive" TPMS which uses the ABS/wheel rotational method to monitor the tire pressures.
Yes, thats what I meant. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
How is that unique to Q7 ??? Any new vehicle that uses keyless entry has exactly the same issue. You could have use the mechanical key that's in the keyfob to lock/unlock the doors. Not very convenient, I agree, but the process exists for this sort of emergencies.
Ahh, I didn't realize there was a way to lock all the doors with the key. It'd been a while since I read the manual and had it at home out for re-reading. Haha

I mentioned my problem to Audi when I got it towed, I guess the woman on the phone wasn't aware of that fact either.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

On my Lincoln, there is a keypad seamlessly integrated into the driver's door which can be used to lock and unlock the vehicle. Of course, this only works when the battery has power. Still, it's a convenient way to lock or get into the vehicle when you don't have the key handy.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On several occasions my Audi has been parked in the driveway. I have found that the doors were not locked. I had to go into the house, get a key and then lock them. On my Lexus, as an example, I can simply lock the doors by pressing the lock button and then shut the door. On every other car I have owned you could do the same thing. The Audi is certainly different in many ways. Overall, I love this car but there are many simple but practical things that it simply will not do.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scotstern
On several occasions my Audi has been parked in the driveway. I have found that the doors were not locked. I had to go into the house, get a key and then lock them. On my Lexus, as an example, I can simply lock the doors by pressing the lock button and then shut the door. On every other car I have owned you could do the same thing. The Audi is certainly different in many ways. Overall, I love this car but there are many simple but practical things that it simply will not do.
As long as you have the FOB on you, you can lock the door by putting a finger on the door handle, works the same as my 12 Lexus GX460 did.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Door locking/unlocking stops with mine via the door handles after about 2-3 days to preserve battery...none of my other vehicles need to do this after such a short period on non-use. In addition, pressing the door handle to lock/alarm (even when just driven) does not always produce the chirp...this exists even after the latest software update.

Last edited by RJC 1; 09-26-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Question with the mute/turn off situation, does it pause the music when you hit that same button? On my X5 there is no play/pause button, I hit the power button that's center of the volume dial, that pauses the music, not just mute, if I want to mute I have to manually dial it to 0.
Also, easy way to permanently mute radio is to switch input to AUX. When you start the car, it will stay at AUX, although it does stay muted in my X5.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Question with the mute/turn off situation, does it pause the music when you hit that same button? On my X5 there is no play/pause button, I hit the power button that's center of the volume dial, that pauses the music, not just mute, if I want to mute I have to manually dial it to 0.
Also, easy way to permanently mute radio is to switch input to AUX. When you start the car, it will stay at AUX, although it does stay muted in my X5.
Yes, when you mute it will pause the music. Agreed, if do not want the radio coming on every time you start the car, just switch to another source under media option.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scotstern
On my Lexus, as an example, I can simply lock the doors by pressing the lock button and then shut the door. On every other car I have owned you could do the same thing.
The reasoning behind this is to keep you from locking the keys in your car. My daughter, who just a graduated from college, used to lock her keys in her car accidentally by doing what you mentioned above. When I replaced her Mazda CX-5 with a VW Tiguan, she could no longer do this. But she no longer lock her keys in her car either.

Quick Reply: Annoying Issues