Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Another Tire Question

Old 05-14-2019, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another Tire Question

I think better I should ask as a new question, so basically my 2018 dec Q7 loosing passenger side rear wheel pressure. I checked visually I can't find anything like any metal object or anything like that. I have to fill air in 4-5 days now. Finally I got appointment tomorrow to check the tire. So my questions is

1 : Do GoodYear have any warranty ?, I vaguely remember that the sales person told me that those tires are under warrenty for some time.
2 : I don't have a spare wheel or no space for a spare wheel also. So if something happened to my car on a highway or something what will happen ?

TBH now I am really concerned about not having a spare wheel at all

Thanks guys
Old 05-14-2019, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

1) There is something stuck in your tire. Tire manufacturer warranties don't cover road hazards, just pro-rated tire wear.
2) Your car comes with a compressor and tire goop. It also comes with roadside assistance. Should it also come with RFTs you can drive on the flat tire for set distance.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 281 Likes on 201 Posts

Every time I'v had an issue like yours a tire place found a leak (nail type puncture) and repaired it.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NABS4
2) Your car comes with a compressor and tire goop. It also comes with roadside assistance. Should it also come with RFTs you can drive on the flat tire for set distance.
I search every where in my car and I couldn't find a compressor or tire goop .. But it's good to know that I have RFT .. Although if I use RFT then it will destroy my tire if I drive until next service shop ?
Old 05-15-2019, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

1) Road hazard isnt covered. You likely have a nail in there which can be removed and patched. The shop will tell you they cant repair a run flat, but as long as its not in the sidewall I'd get it repaired
2) You are up ****s creek if something happens. In my experience RFTs only blow out on the weekend and when you are 200 miles from home in the middle of a family road trip. So basically you tow the car to Audi and waste the weekend, and on Monday morning they tell you the tire will arrive in 3 days. So you wasted your vacation
Old 05-17-2019, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So they found a very small nail, got repaired.... thanks all
Old 05-23-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I think I am the worst lucky person, I got my tire fixed last week and today morning I dropped my wife and work and turned back and she called me immediately, and said there is a huge noise coming for our car and here is what we found ... But I checked the tire pressure and it looks okay. So do you guys think I can just pull this crap from tire or I should take to the shop again ?

Old 05-23-2019, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

That is a bolt! If you could hear the noise of air escaping, I cant believe the tpm is not showing low pressure. Anyway, if its driveable and is holding air, take it to the repair shop and get it pulled and plugged. If you do it yourself, the tire will go flat right away, and you may not know how to fix it
Old 05-23-2019, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BigKutta
That is a bolt! If you could hear the noise of air escaping, I cant believe the tpm is not showing low pressure. Anyway, if its driveable and is holding air, take it to the repair shop and get it pulled and plugged. If you do it yourself, the tire will go flat right away, and you may not know how to fix it
Thank you .. Yeah I think I will take to Kal Tire.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,155 Likes on 905 Posts

Originally Posted by achayan
I think I am the worst lucky person, I got my tire fixed last week and today morning I dropped my wife and work and turned back and she called me immediately, and said there is a huge noise coming for our car and here is what we found ... But I checked the tire pressure and it looks okay. So do you guys think I can just pull this crap from tire or I should take to the shop again ?

that's pretty gnarly. i wonder what kind of plug they might use for something like that....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another Tire Question