Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anxiously Awaiting!

 
Old 05-25-2018, 01:58 AM
  #1  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anxiously Awaiting!

I am extremely excited about picking up my 18 Prestige. I was told vehicle should be ready by Jul. Everyday I am scanning through the forum lol. I am also watching every single Q7 video I can find on YouTube a few times over. Anybody else in the same boat? What are you doing to kill time?
jamalgault219 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 04:26 AM
  #2  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Nebraska, USA
Posts: 67
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Man did the same for last two months - worth the wait though! Took delivery of mine this week.

Full story here https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...anges-2945532/
anilx783 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 06:15 AM
  #3  
AudiWorld Super User
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,256
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jamalgault219 View Post
I am extremely excited about picking up my 18 Prestige. I was told vehicle should be ready by Jul. Everyday I am scanning through the forum lol.
If you scan through the forum everyday then you would know that posting your location would help you and every reader of your posts. Congrats and we should hear from you when you get your long awaited prize.
DB22 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 06:45 AM
  #4  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DB22 View Post
If you scan through the forum everyday then you would know that posting your location would help you and every reader of your posts. Congrats and we should hear from you when you get your long awaited prize.
Just fixed it! Thanks for the heads up!
jamalgault219 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 06:47 AM
  #5  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Germany
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by anilx783 View Post
Man did the same for last two months - worth the wait though! Took delivery of mine this week.

Full story here https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...anges-2945532/
Congats on the new Q7! I know you are stoked!
jamalgault219 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 06:49 AM
  #6  
AudiWorld Super User
 
BigKutta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Washington DC burbs
Posts: 2,433
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

The wait for any new car is excruciating. Yeah, I think all the people on this board did the exact same thing while waiting. What are your specs?
BigKutta is online now  
Old 05-25-2018, 07:21 AM
  #7  
AudiWorld Super User
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,256
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jamalgault219 View Post
I am extremely excited about picking up my 18 Prestige. I was told vehicle should be ready by Jul. Everyday I am scanning through the forum lol. I am also watching every single Q7 video I can find on YouTube a few times over. Anybody else in the same boat? What are you doing to kill time?
It would be great to know the differences between the EU and the US Prestige. The big difference is that the EU has real lighting front and rear, the US is still limited to 1970ís technology. Look forward to heating back from you.
DB22 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 07:33 AM
  #8  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Breckenridge,CO
Posts: 171
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Mine left port 5/3 and is supposed to arrive 6/28. The ship must be taking the scenic route.
M0J0 is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 11:14 AM
  #9  
AudiWorld Member
 
AudiFanFL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 585
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DB22 View Post

It would be great to know the differences between the EU and the US Prestige. The big difference is that the EU has real lighting front and rear, the US is still limited to 1970’s technology. Look forward to heating back from you.

Since I'm half German and lived there for the first 22 years of my life, what I usually do when waiting for a German or European vehicle is configure one as close as possible to the one on order and smile all over my face, considering how much I saved compared to Germany.

Well, on the Q7, that mission failed right away when I noticed that there was no 3.0T gasoline (or ANY gasoline engine) available for Germany. It was Diesel only...
AudiFanFL is offline  
Old 05-25-2018, 12:10 PM
  #10  
AudiWorld Super User
 
DB22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SoCal, USA
Posts: 2,256
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL View Post
Since I'm half German and lived there for the first 22 years of my life, what I usually do when waiting for a German or European vehicle is configure one as close as possible to the one on order and smile all over my face, considering how much I saved compared to Germany.

Well, on the Q7, that mission failed right away when I noticed that there was no 3.0T gasoline (or ANY gasoline engine) available for Germany. It was Diesel only...
That may change soon as sales of diesel cars in the EU are dropping like a stone.
DB22 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anxiously Awaiting!


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: