Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Any Luck Getting the Front License Plate Strips?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Luck Getting the Front License Plate Strips?

I just got my Q7 and took off the front plate. The part number for the replacement strips is :

4M0807967B3Q7

Can anyone get a hold of these?

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2016, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by uurfantasy
I just got my Q7 and took off the front plate. The part number for the replacement strips is :

4M0807967B3Q7

Thanks!
My dealer is in the process of installing these on my car as I type this. Will get it back tomorrow as he is going to do a couple of other adjustments. I'll report back tomorrow.
Z
Old 01-22-2016, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by zekeman
My dealer is in the process of installing these on my car as I type this. Will get it back tomorrow as he is going to do a couple of other adjustments. I'll report back tomorrow.
Z

Which dealer? None of my local dealers have any....ill try my luck in your city.

Thanks
Old 01-22-2016, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Which dealer? None of my local dealers have any....ill try my luck in your city.

Thanks
Doubt any dealers have them in stock - the part must be ordered, especially since the car is so new. My dealer ordered & it took about a week to come in.
Z
Old 01-22-2016, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by zekeman
Doubt any dealers have them in stock - the part must be ordered, especially since the car is so new. My dealer ordered & it took about a week to come in.
Z

My local dealer said it has to be ordered from Germany and its about 4-6 weeks?
Old 01-22-2016, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

4M0807967B3Q7

Thanks!
Here is the question. Could your front plate fit on a vehicle that was not ordered with a front plate?
Old 01-22-2016, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jallen0
Here is the question. Could your front plate fit on a vehicle that was not ordered with a front plate?
That I am unsure of. I am not sure that if you ordered a vehicle without a front plate if they still used the removal strips in the case that you wanted to add a plate.
In California, I do not believe you could order it without a front plate.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

I hope that is the case. I just cannot believe that it's a $900.00 order to replace the entire front grill just to add a front license plate. Especially when you compare a front grill with a plate to one without a plate.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

My local dealer said it has to be ordered from Germany and its about 4-6 weeks?
Honestly, I don't know where my dealer got the part from, whether it was overseas or here in the US. I was at the dealership and my sales person and the service manager showed me an exploded view of the front end of the car, indicating the filler strips and the associated part #. A week ago they told me they ordered the part and today they called to tell me to bring the car up for it to be installed.

Initially when I pushed back on the car due to the front plate, they told me to replace just a section of the front end eliminating the front license plate holder, that it would cost around $900. But then they found the filler strips on the diagram and believe it will solve the problem. I tried taking the holder off to see what it looked like but it did look like crap - it was clear something was missing.

My car was one of the initial launch cars which Audi sent out to all the dealers, all of which were equipped with front plate holders. None arrived with the delete plate option, so many people got stuck with the holder. Soon as I get the car back tomorrow I'll post pictures to show what it looks like.
Z

Last edited by zekeman; 01-22-2016 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

My car does not have the front plate holder and I will need one in another few months I'll have to have the dealer look at the exploding front diagram.

Quick Reply: Any Luck Getting the Front License Plate Strips?