Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Any Luck Getting the Front License Plate Strips?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again Z...I'll look at it this weekend.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd like to delete the license plate holder. Can anyone tell me if Part # 4M0807967B3Q7 is a complete part or if I need to order 2 filler strips?

The parts guy was no help on quantities, but part 4M0807967B3Q7 was $75, which leads me to believe that I need to purchase 2.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sodar
I'd like to delete the license plate holder. Can anyone tell me if Part # 4M0807967B3Q7 is a complete part or if I need to order 2 filler strips?

The parts guy was no help on quantities, but part 4M0807967B3Q7 was $75, which leads me to believe that I need to purchase 2.
Jesus, your parts guy is incompetent. He can look at an exploded view of the bumper and see the strips and the accompanying part #. I saw it at my dealership service counter - my guy ordered the strips under that part #. Since I don't work for Audi and am just Joe Six-Pack who bought the car and not an expert, I'm virtually positive he does not need to order two of them! I am, however, a pain in their *** if I feel like I'm getting the runaround or my BS meter is pegging.

Suggest you contact another dealer in the vicinity, talk to parts and ask them to look up the part number and tell you what the part equates to.

Good luck (and don't be shy to be a pain in the ***)!
Old 05-12-2016, 11:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

The strips come as a pair. When you receive them, one of the long sides has a slight lip. This is the top. There are 4-6 "clips" that mate with the grill and they easily snap into place. They look much better than the license plate. I like them. I also picked up a cargo cover at the same time.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a crazy price for 2 small plastic strips! i'll just leave my front plates on.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by erycl
its a crazy price for 2 small plastic strips! i'll just leave my front plates on.
Totally agree on the price, but they are very nice strips. 😊
Old 05-13-2016, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the help guys. I just ordered the strips with tax and shipping, they were $93. Not bad.

It looks like they also have them online... https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...4m0807967b3q7/
Old 07-05-2016, 06:24 PM
MLB
AudiWorld Junior Member

Has anyone removed the strips from the grill? I need to do so to put my bracket on and want to preserve the strips for future use. I know I could have the dealer do it, but will probably choose to not use the Audi bracket as it is not really designed to fit US plates. It is too large and has to be modified. I'd rather get a cleaner look with a generic plate. But need help with the strip removal ASAP.

Originally Posted by sodar
Thanks for the help guys. I just ordered the strips with tax and shipping, they were $93. Not bad.

It looks like they also have them online... https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...4m0807967b3q7/
Old 07-05-2016, 06:34 PM
MLB
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jallen0
Awesome thank you! I wonder if I take off my "filler strips" is there will be a bolt hole to screw the plate into.
Did you ever remove your strips and what did you find? How did you get the strips off? And were you able to do it without breaking them in the process? I am getting ready to do the same thing.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MLB
Did you ever remove your strips and what did you find? How did you get the strips off? And were you able to do it without breaking them in the process? I am getting ready to do the same thing.
If I remember correctly, the filler strips do cover a bolt hole. I removed my front plate assembly and the dealer put the strips on...I vaguely recall the strips covering the holes. There is actually a frame which you would put the plate on, then screw it onto the bumper.

Quick Reply: Any Luck Getting the Front License Plate Strips?