Anybody Order a Samurai Gray Q7? - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Audi Q7 > Q7 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page > Anybody Order a Samurai Gray Q7?
Notices
Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Anybody Order a Samurai Gray Q7?

Old 09-27-2017, 11:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Anybody Order a Samurai Gray Q7?

I'm just about to order my Q7. I'm torn between the Argus Brown and the new Samurai Gray. I'm not a big fan of the current Graphite Gray--too light and washed out for me. I'm hoping the Samurai Gray is more of a traditional charcoal gray.

Wondering if anyone has made the leap of faith and ordered one sight unseen? I'm trying to figure out exactly which current gray it is closest to.

If I go with the Argus, I would need to order, since you can't find any Argus with the black interior. It seems like a very rare color combination, which is strange, since black is so universal. My sales rep seems to think it's strange as well, and may affect resale. That scares we a little.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Black interior with brown outside seems good to me. What are they suggesting? Brown or tan inside and outside?

Can't find photos of the gray, so not sure.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rsilvers129 View Post
Black interior with brown outside seems good to me. What are they suggesting? Brown or tan inside and outside?

Can't find photos of the gray, so not sure.
Here in SoCal, all of the Argus Q7's come with the pistachio beige. It's nice, but very hard to keep clean, and I imagine the denim transfer on the seat bolster would be brutal.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by socalsharky View Post
I'm just about to order my Q7. I'm torn between the Argus Brown and the new Samurai Gray. I'm not a big fan of the current Graphite Gray--too light and washed out for me. I'm hoping the Samurai Gray is more of a traditional charcoal gray.

Wondering if anyone has made the leap of faith and ordered one sight unseen? I'm trying to figure out exactly which current gray it is closest to.

If I go with the Argus, I would need to order, since you can't find any Argus with the black interior. It seems like a very rare color combination, which is strange, since black is so universal. My sales rep seems to think it's strange as well, and may affect resale. That scares we a little.
Placed my order yesterday on one that was started a month ago though still no delivery until mid January. While I was at the dealership I compared the swatches for the Graphite and Samurai side by side and the Samurai is definitely a darker color. I was wavering between the galaxy blue since it reminds me of my aviator blue A6 (maybe slightly greener hue) but really liked Samurai and went with it.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I ordered a Q7 in Samurai Gray because, like you, my wife and I thought the Graphite Gray was too light for our tastes. We compared the color chip in the 2018 Q7 brochure to a RS7 in Daytona Gray sitting on the showroom floor and it was a close match. We ordered the car July 14 using an order the dealer had placed in May that was still available for change knowing that Samurai Gray was shown in the brochure as "late availability." The dealer was unable to complete the order at that time because they could not get the Samurai Gray paint code from Audi. Finally, on September 7 I received confirmation of the order and the electronic build sheet from the dealer. If I recall correctly the build week for the original order was to be this week with estimated delivery the last week of October. Upon completion of my order I was told that delivery to the dealership should be late November or early December so the "new color" may have made a slight delay in the manufacturing of the Q7.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think Argus Brown with a black interior will look great. My preference is that the whole interior be one color. I like Audi's other colors but some of them can look choppy depending on the exterior.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have an A4 Argus w/ Nougat and love the color combo.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Go for the gray. There's a thread elsewhere (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...d-out-2923456/) and it looks good. And add the Black Optic. That's the combo I would have ordered. Went with the Orca Black because the grays (prior to Samurai) weren't dark enough.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mctt197 View Post
Go for the gray. There's a thread elsewhere (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...d-out-2923456/) and it looks good. And add the Black Optic. That's the combo I would have ordered. Went with the Orca Black because the grays (prior to Samurai) weren't dark enough.
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm now also considering either white or silver with the BOP. I've seen some pics of those that look great.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm now also considering either white or silver with the BOP. I've seen some pics of those that look great.
We have glacier white and it's outstanding with just the right amount of metallic to it...my wife calls our 7 frosty lol

Search this Thread