Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Anybody Order a Samurai Gray Q7?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went ahead and placed the order for a Samurai Gray Prestige with the black interior and BOP. ETA is mid January. I expect that this will be one of the first Samurai Grays delivered to the West Coast?
Old 10-31-2017, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just ordered a Samurai Gray Q7 , East Coast! Was really torn, irritated that Ink Blue was eliminated - was gonna go with Orca Black, which is really nice, but down here in Florida - the sun kills a black vehicle. I'm really hoping the color looks like #63 in the link below!!

Metallic Colours ? Samurai

Long Live the Samurai!!
Old 10-31-2017, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Patiently waiting for my Samurai Gray Q7. This will be my after Christmas early 2018 gift.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GRfire
Just ordered a Samurai Gray Q7 , East Coast! Was really torn, irritated that Ink Blue was eliminated - was gonna go with Orca Black, which is really nice, but down here in Florida - the sun kills a black vehicle. I'm really hoping the color looks like #63 in the link below!!

Metallic Colours ? Samurai

Long Live the Samurai!!
Originally Posted by quattro0323
Patiently waiting for my Samurai Gray Q7. This will be my after Christmas early 2018 gift.
Did you guys get notified of an additional delay due to the lack of availability on the SG paint? My dealer is telling me it has been pushed back 2 months, which puts me at a mid-March delivery!
Old 11-02-2017, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

No feedback from my dealer about any delays. If that’s the case then at least it will give them time to work out more of the lil issues affecting the current model.

I’ll give him a call tomorrow and let you know.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by quattro0323
No feedback from my dealer about any delays. If that’s the case then at least it will give them time to work out more of the lil issues affecting the current model.

I’ll give him a call tomorrow and let you know.
Well visited my dealer and they pulled a 2018 Q7 Prestige with adaptive suspension. Took it for a spin and the car was awesome.
Tested the soft closed doors, kick tail gate, lowering load in back.
Oh, my timeline is on schedule.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered Samurai Gray thinking it would be darker than Graphite but looking at the colors on the build out sites (still not listed on Audiusa.com) like autobutel the color looks lighter. Also looks like it might be a no cost option. Anyone have updated info on the color? Thinking I might jump to Orca Black.
https://www.autobytel.com/audi/q7/2018/configurator/
Old 11-13-2017, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bklynJim
I ordered Samurai Gray thinking it would be darker than Graphite but looking at the colors on the build out sites (still not listed on Audiusa.com) like autobutel the color looks lighter. Also looks like it might be a no cost option. Anyone have updated info on the color? Thinking I might jump to Orca Black.
https://www.autobytel.com/audi/q7/2018/configurator/

thats not samurai grey. I think that’s a stock photo for graphite grey
Old 11-13-2017, 06:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go Into the build options you can pick Samurai. Looks lighter to me.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anybody Order a Samurai Gray Q7?-image1.jpeg
Originally Posted by bklynJim
If you go Into the build options you can pick Samurai. Looks lighter to me.
The Samurai Grey is definitely darker. Autobytel picks colors based on whatever audi makes available, so I would agree with erwheezy that it is probably just mislabelled. Here is a not great photo taken by me when I was sending pics of the swatches to my wife. The Samurai Gray was definitely darker, though it is a little harder to tell because of the lighting in the photo and my lack of skills.
My car is still on hold, SA has not been able to figure out if it is the paint or the BOP. Hopefully will complete production soon.

Quick Reply: Anybody Order a Samurai Gray Q7?