Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Anyone have issues with their soft close doors?

Old 01-27-2018, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone have issues with their soft close doors?

My soft close feature works about 60% of the time. Only affects the front doors. Dealer has replaced everything in the driver's door including the wiring harness. Waiting on Audi to say what the next move is. Since the car was new (I've had it a year) the soft close feature would periodically stop working on all the doors but then work fine the next time I started the car. Happened maybe 5-6 times. Then I got a "driver door malfunction" "parking brake malfunction " and "oil level malfunction" all at the same time. They fixed the problems but then the soft close feature began to act up. It may work 10-15 times perfectly and then have a temper tantrum and not work 5-6 times. They know what's wrong - the system doesn't wake up and recognize the door needs to close. The repair eludes them. Audi in Germany is looking at the issue. I've had several other cars with soft close and they worked perfectly.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:29 AM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

so far (1 month) it is working perfect.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Jistel
My soft close feature works about 60% of the time. Only affects the front doors. Dealer has replaced everything in the driver's door including the wiring harness. Waiting on Audi to say what the next move is. Since the car was new (I've had it a year) the soft close feature would periodically stop working on all the doors but then work fine the next time I started the car. Happened maybe 5-6 times. Then I got a "driver door malfunction" "parking brake malfunction " and "oil level malfunction" all at the same time. They fixed the problems but then the soft close feature began to act up. It may work 10-15 times perfectly and then have a temper tantrum and not work 5-6 times. They know what's wrong - the system doesn't wake up and recognize the door needs to close. The repair eludes them. Audi in Germany is looking at the issue. I've had several other cars with soft close and they worked perfectly.
I had intermittent problems with the doors not closing on the driver's side only and usually just the passenger door on the left side. The dealer just replaced all 4 door latches and so far the problem hasn't recurred, but we will have to see. Where in Texas are you?
Old 01-27-2018, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the car since October. Never had a problem.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2 month and no problem.. there was this one time at the night i got rear ended the soft closing didn't work.. but after a couple times i hit lock/unlock it start working again.. and from then 0 issue..
Old 01-28-2018, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MCSMCS1
I had intermittent problems with the doors not closing on the driver's side only and usually just the passenger door on the left side. The dealer just replaced all 4 door latches and so far the problem hasn't recurred, but we will have to see. Where in Texas are you?
Houston
Old 01-29-2018, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had it intermittently happen here and there usually on my rear doors. Always corrects itself though, so never bothered my dealer with it.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Meyecul
I have had it intermittently happen here and there usually on my rear doors. Always corrects itself though, so never bothered my dealer with it.
At first the whole system would quit but then reboot and act normally when I restarted the car. Now the front doors quit working randomly. May not work 4-5 times then work 5-6 times ok. Very annoying.
The following users liked this post:
HeathK (10-29-2022)
Old 01-29-2018, 03:12 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Jistel
At first the whole system would quit but then reboot and act normally when I restarted the car. Now the front doors quit working randomly. May not work 4-5 times then work 5-6 times ok. Very annoying.
seems odd to me that this would even be connected to the computer system in any way. Seems like a sensor should just detect a partially closed door, and finish closing it.
HeathK (01-02-2023)
Old 01-29-2018, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by timshuwy
seems odd to me that this would even be connected to the computer system in any way. Seems like a sensor should just detect a partially closed door, and finish closing it.
You must think like a German! They actually know what the problem is. The system is asleep to conserve power and is failing to wake up when you touch the door handle and say it needs to close the door. Personally I think it's a software problem. They updated part of my software to fix a parking brake malfunction warning and then this started. One corrupted/conflicting file is all it takes.
calculi (05-06-2020)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone have issues with their soft close doors?