Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Anyone with Night Vision Assistant?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with Night Vision Assistant?

Has anyone in the US picked up a Q7 with night vision assistant yet? Someone on another thread pointed out that the look of the car changes when you add that option. I had not noticed that before I ordered mine with the night vision package. I would like to see if the exterior really changes. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yes it looks like the fog light housing changes with the addition of the the night vision assistance package. It's probably to make room for the infrared scanners I would imagine.

You basically lose those silver accent lines within them and they become all black and more ribbed.
Old 02-03-2016, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by moncsicsi
Has anyone in the US picked up a Q7 with night vision assistant yet? Someone on another thread pointed out that the look of the car changes when you add that option. I had not noticed that before I ordered mine with the night vision package. I would like to see if the exterior really changes. Thanks in advance.
I had it on a '14 A7; it was pretty cool at first but after a bit I felt it was a gimmick and I never used it. Kind of a waste of $$ IMO.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the winter we like to go skiing a lot, and sometimes we have to drive through some pretty poor visibility conditions.

Anyone know how well this feature works with heavy snow, fog, etc?

If it saves from a possible car accident, perhaps could be worth having... ironically I don't really see the value much at night
Old 08-19-2016, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I have it and there is a significant limitation if you live in warmer climates...see here:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...n-fyi-2904525/
Old 08-19-2016, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks, thread was a good read, but it didn't answer my question about fog/snow conditions which won't exist in hot climates. I'm a northern folk.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by marnes
Thanks, thread was a good read, but it didn't answer my question about fog/snow conditions which won't exist in hot climates. I'm a northern folk.
I'd imagine it should work well picking up the heat signature of persons/animals etc in cold temps as it only suffers above 77'F.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

We have moose and deer on the road. Wonderful option in my x5, hope it will work in the Q7 also as properly.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Night vision

Originally Posted by moncsicsi
The night vision camera is located inside the far left Audi ring. Please see pic attached from user manual. p 175
Old 08-25-2016, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FLUSAboy
The night vision camera is located inside the far left Audi ring. Please see pic attached from user manual. p 175
Yup.. its in the Audi Logo 4th ring...

Quick Reply: Anyone with Night Vision Assistant?