Letter arrived today...good for Audi
Old 03-07-2019, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-09-2019, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BryonL
Saw that some of the guys in the A8/S8 discussion have received a letter related to a fire causing fuel leak. Wondered if any of us have. I have not.

Received my letter today and will not rush to the dealership, I'll let them do it at the next service.........unless I smell gas of course
Old 03-09-2019, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Brakes, Fuel Rail and Front camera download

Yes, I received the recall info in the mail yesterday. I saw the recall on this site ( thanks!) a week ago and made the appointment for the fuel rail as well as the squeaky brakes. I had the work done yesterday and picked up my car this morning. They are going to email me the paper work so I can share with you the extent of the brake work.

BUT! Curiously enough they told me they did a new download for the front camera. I got nothing on this and if this site pick up on it I missed it also (shame on me). I researched it after they informed me and found a mention of it that that came out last October, if the info after goggling it is accurate. I received NOTHING and there was no mention on the My Audi site!

I mention it because just this morning while driving it back from the dealership I noticed a change for the better with the pre sense. Noticeably a quicker and somewhat more sensitive (if that is software speak)

My question is did anyone get a recall notice on it? Thanks
My Q7 came off production in the second half or 2016.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Yes, I got my letter yesterday
Old 03-09-2019, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine arrived yesterday, too.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine arrived this week as well, scheduled an appointment for end of March. Back in December we took the Q7 to Colorado and there was an extremely strong gas smell coming from the car when I started it up in the morning. I checked around to make sure it wasn't someone else's car or gas on the ground, fortunately the smell hasn't returned but Im glad this recall is out.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Mines just arrived as well
Old 03-10-2019, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by keith.d
Mine arrived this week as well, scheduled an appointment for end of March. Back in December we took the Q7 to Colorado and there was an extremely strong gas smell coming from the car when I started it up in the morning. I checked around to make sure it wasn't someone else's car or gas on the ground, fortunately the smell hasn't returned but Im glad this recall is out.
This is a FIRE risk. Per the letter: "Customers who notice a fuel odor ... are advised to contact ... a dealer .. WITHOUT DELAY and ... have the vehicle inspected.

I would for sure not park it in a garage unless you are sure the rails are not leaking.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
This is a FIRE risk. Per the letter: "Customers who notice a fuel odor ... are advised to contact ... a dealer .. WITHOUT DELAY and ... have the vehicle inspected.

I would for sure not park it in a garage unless you are sure the rails are not leaking.
Thanks RickObe, I told the dealer this and they still gave me the end of March date, I'll contact them again and see if they can get me something earlier.

Quick Reply: Anyone received a recall letter lately?