AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   APR Stage 1 Tune in 2019 Q7 3.0T (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/apr-stage-1-tune-2019-q7-3-0t-2964078/)

dutchitguy 12-17-2018 09:13 AM

How do you like the RaceChip? I think I like this idea better. How well does your tranny handle the different power mapping? S, RS or GTS BLACK?
Thanks again for your help.

alipor 12-17-2018 12:52 PM

I like it a lot, it give you that extra push back in the seat, it's not as good as full tune would be, but for the price and ease of install it's worth it. I'm not sure which version I have, when I got it back 2 years ago there was only the one.

alipor 12-17-2018 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Allroading17 (Post 25249679)

Which piggyback?

Racechip

dutchitguy 01-05-2019 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by alipor (Post 25249816)
I like it a lot, it give you that extra push back in the seat, it's not as good as full tune would be, but for the price and ease of install it's worth it. I'm not sure which version I have, when I got it back 2 years ago there was only the one.

@alipor I have received my RACECHIP GTS BLACK. I have found the how to article on the forum to remove the plastic engine cover but now that it is off, I am having difficulty finding the locations of the "boost pressure sensor" and the "manifold absolute pressure sensor." The RaceChip manual provided is horrible as it is for a completely different model car/engine. Also, the provided 1 page specific picture as to sensor location must be for the MK I Q7 3.0T and not the MK II. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much,
DutchITGuy

alipor 01-05-2019 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by dutchitguy (Post 25257621)
@alipor I have received my RACECHIP GTS BLACK. I have found the how to article on the forum to remove the plastic engine cover but now that it is off, I am having difficulty finding the locations of the "boost pressure sensor" and the "manifold absolute pressure sensor." The RaceChip manual provided is horrible as it is for a completely different model car/engine. Also, the provided 1 page specific picture as to sensor location must be for the MK I Q7 3.0T and not the MK II. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much,
DutchITGuy

So once you have the black cover off, that exposes the intake, you have to pull that up and the diagram that they gave you is correct, it just doesn't have the intake sitting on top of it. So one of the plugs is near the oil fill, there is a black plastic shield that covers the locations you have to access on both sides. The air intake come off pretty easily, one side I was able to just lift up the black shield for the plug you need you remove the accordion looking intakes that are closest to the grill and it should lift out of the way after you slide the oil fill off the intake housing. Also make sure you zip tie the harness that came with the race chip pretty often and keep it away from heat, the first time i did this, I didn't do a great job of it, and melted through a harness, I tucked the box up near the abs controller and zipped it to one of those lines to stay out of the way. Hope this helps, if not email me and I have the pictures from race chips in an email I can send you.

mhoran89 02-04-2019 06:43 AM

Subbed for future updates on availability of an APR tune for these cars...

noxqzs 02-06-2019 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by dutchitguy (Post 25257621)
Thanks so much,
DutchITGuy

The marked locations are the plugs. Both are interchangeable.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...3346b547ef.jpg[/QUOTE]

Karrera4 04-08-2019 06:54 AM

thinking of picking up a race chip for my 2019 Prestige. Just wanted to confirm it works with the current engine given the new rating of 329 hp and no longer 333 hp - shouldnt really change anything but sent them a note to confirm. Seems like Ill try the RS version...fairly low price to try and if I dont like, Ill just get rid of it.

Capitalst 04-08-2019 07:54 AM

I'm purchasing the Chipwerke Ultimate piggy back later today per another members advice. According to him the Chipwerke was better than the Racechip. Its also cheaper. I found a promo code for another 10% off too Chipwerke10. I'll post my results when I get it.

Karrera4 04-08-2019 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Capitalst (Post 25300573)
I'm purchasing the Chipwerke Ultimate piggy back later today per another members advice. According to him the Chipwerke was better than the Racechip. Its also cheaper. I found a promo code for another 10% off too Chipwerke10. I'll post my results when I get it.

Awesome, thanks. I have heard of Chipwerke so will be interested in your results.