Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Is this Argus Brown metallic?

Old 03-16-2016, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Is this Argus Brown metallic?

article doesn't mention it, but just wondering if anyone who has seen this color knows if this is indeed argus brown?

2016 Audi Q7 First Drive Review | Digital Trends

Whatever it is, it looks real nice in these pics. I'm definitely considering it if it's argus.
Old 03-16-2016, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure but that is definitely a handsome color. The review is great!
Old 03-16-2016, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larryV
article doesn't mention it, but just wondering if anyone who has seen this color knows if this is indeed argus brown?

Whatever it is, it looks real nice in these pics. I'm definitely considering it if it's argus.
Love the wheels and the leather dashboard/upper door inserts; all these nice touches are missing in US versions!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I believe it is. Our Argus Brown Q7 is transiting the Atlantic at the moment. As soon as we get it, I will be posting pictures. On the interior, went with Nougat Brown, black headline and the layered walnut inlays.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Its close but difficult to say for sure. Of all the available colors I found argus brown the best and I have ordered it. Its surprising not many people have considered it at the moment.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ven7782
Its close but difficult to say for sure. Of all the available colors I found argus brown the best and I have ordered it. Its surprising not many people have considered it at the moment.
Well if this is indeed argus brown, you can add me to the list as I will be placing an order soon. It's not so much that people haven't considered it, but more like people haven't seen it, and thus are naturally apprehensive about ordering it. That and much of the initial batches in dealer stock are not customer-ordered so they show up in "easy to sell" shades of black, gray, and white.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hcubed
Yes, I believe it is. Our Argus Brown Q7 is transiting the Atlantic at the moment. As soon as we get it, I will be posting pictures. On the interior, went with Nougat Brown, black headline and the layered walnut inlays.
Can't wait for you to get it and post some pics! I ordered the same color combo (Argus Brown with Nougat Brown/black interior), but for the 2017 A4.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Try to send an email inquiry to the author of that article on the Q7. Also, you can ask your dealer to show you a swatch for Argus Brown. They have large catalogues that contain paint swatches.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I was at the NY Auto show last weekend and I can confirm that its indeed Argus Brown metallic. I showed it to the Audi guys there who seem to confirm this.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by plat27265
Try to send an email inquiry to the author of that article on the Q7. Also, you can ask your dealer to show you a swatch for Argus Brown. They have large catalogues that contain paint swatches.
I tried 3 different dealers including the one I ordered from. Apparently the swatch panel for argus brown is "on order" or not available yet as it is a relatively new color.

I found this unusual myself because I thought argus brown as been available on the A8 for at least a year now, right?

Anyhow, all the dealers had were small tiny swatches from an A8 book catalog, or the printed Q7 brochure itself, none of which are very useful to be honest. Even if they had the larger painted panel swatches, I still don't think it's as telling as seeing a car with the actual paint in the flesh. I was hoping there'd at least be be an A8 in some dealer lot with argus brown but I guess it's not a very popular color.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is this Argus Brown metallic?