Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi Care Service Contract

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi Care Service Contract

I am coming up on my first year service. I have approx 9000 mi on the car and no real problem. I've been very happy so far. When I made the purchase last year I decided not to buy the Audi Care Service package since I could buy it anytime up till the first year service. That time is here and I am looking to buy it. First year is free so this would pay for years 2 the 5, or 4 services. I know that in addition to oil/filter changes and break fluid at 20k and 40k, most of the service done is checks, inspections and adjustments. For $849 this comes to $212/service which doesn't seem too bad. I know doing the oil/filter changes myself could save a lot but I no longer do them on any of my cars. For others that have bought this package do you think you got good value for your money?
Old 08-07-2018, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I think its worth it. If you truly get these services done out of pocket you'll pay more. Note however, that you do not need to buy AudiCare at your first service, that one is free. You can buy it when you go in for your second service. I confirmed this before going to my first free "service", and will buy in year 2.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

If you keep your vehicle for a few years, it certainly is worth it.

I got it on my lease because it increased the residual by 1% which on my vehicle, basically paid for the entire fee.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is thd first time I’ve heard that it could be purchased after the first year. I’ll ask when I go in. Would like to wait for a few more months if possible. Don’t want to wait too long in case the price increases.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought it, so far it's worth it. Just under 9k miles
Old 08-07-2018, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

honestly if you can do oil changes yourself, is it really worth it? I use fluid extractor and an oil change runs me $40-50 for oil/filter. Figure i will replace an air filter once. Maybe a cabin air filter too. Plus it gives me chance to get "under the hood" and see how she's doing.

To me that's not worth the audi care price. They don't even rotate your tires for christ sake.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spaceframe
This is thd first time I’ve heard that it could be purchased after the first year. I’ll ask when I go in. Would like to wait for a few more months if possible. Don’t want to wait too long in case the price increases.
It can be bought after the 10k service. I bought mine when I took my q7 in for its 20k service.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
Plus it gives me chance to get "under the hood" and see how she's doing.....To me that's not worth the audi care price.
The kicker is, and Audi Tech is much more knowledgeable on what they should be looking for so see "how she is doing". While no doubt you personally can check man things, techs see hundreds and hundreds of cars...they know exactly the "weak points" based on experience an owner simply can not have (because it's not their day job). I worked in service for many years, and often times before a recall or service campaign is ever issued a trending number of failure is identified by a tech, and then can check on these things knowing they are prone to fail, even before most are aware of it.

I'm a farmer...I maintenance and fix $500,000 pieces of ag equipment. But I 100% am for taking my car to Audi for service...they are experts at identifying issues I'm oblivious to. I'll gladly spend a few extra dollars over "do it yourself" prices to have an expert look at the car 1-2 times/year.

If you add up all the services Audi Care provides, and compare it's cost to the dealer's service prices, you will save money EVERY time.
The following users liked this post:
Doug2.7 (11-21-2021)
Old 08-08-2018, 01:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jetsfan101
honestly if you can do oil changes yourself, is it really worth it? I use fluid extractor and an oil change runs me $40-50 for oil/filter. Figure i will replace an air filter once. Maybe a cabin air filter too. Plus it gives me chance to get "under the hood" and see how she's doing.

To me that's not worth the audi care price. They don't even rotate your tires for christ sake.
I just had mine in for its first service. They rotated the tires on mine.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tigercat74

I just had mine in for its first service. They rotated the tires on mine.
I also like to change oil and with top side extractor its a snap even in a city garage, but also some good reasons to buy Audi care
you should also get two brake fluid changes and spark plugs at 40K. on my Q5 with the non-tiptronic, DSG type transmission also included transmission service. it was a no brainer for the Q5, the 7 little bit less of a slam dunk but still an okay deal and relationship firmer with a service dept you may need on your side in future. i got an extra $500 on trade in on my Q5 because i had 2 services left....

Quick Reply: Audi Care Service Contract