Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi Care Service Contract

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiburblium
I will only have the Q7 serviced at the Audi dealer, at least for the first 5-10 years of ownership.

Our Q7 will be driven about 5,000 miles per year, when I reviewed the Audi Care service contract it didn't seem to make financial sense over just paying maintenance costs out of pocket. Perhaps I was missing something, For those who bought the Audi Care contracts how many miles per year are you driving per year and what maintenance work are you forecasting?
Makes no difference since the requirement is every 10K miles or one year.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
Makes no difference since the requirement is every 10K miles or one year.
Exactly. When I showed up at my local dealer after one year but with just a little over 3K miles, he asked me if I REALLY wanted to have the service done. I told him that I wouldn't see a reason why not since it was recommended and covered with no cost to me.

Makes you wonder....
Old 08-09-2018, 12:58 PM

Check your dealer for specials. For example, my 20K service has been scheduled for 22 Aug, and my dealership has a coupon for free tire rotation that I will use.

Audi Service Specials in Albuquerque near Santa Fe
Old 08-10-2018, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dohturdima
I am also deciding whether to get AudiCare or not. My Long Island based dealership is 45 minutes driving distance away, and the one closer (Audi of Brooklyn) is one I'd rather not deal with. I would probably just stick with my mechanic as he does a good job with my current car for oil changes and rotations, and go to the dealer if it's something more serious.
you can buy Audi care in “two service” incriminates. I just did this. I mostly do my own oil changes and such. I brought my car in for the 40k service And bought the 40k/50k Audi Care package. I only did this because of the brake fluid flush. At the end it was cheaper to buy Audi Care than it was to pay for the 40k service. The 40k service+brake fluid flush was $790 something, Audi care for the 40k/50k was $760 something I believe.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiburblium
I will only have the Q7 serviced at the Audi dealer, at least for the first 5-10 years of ownership.

Our Q7 will be driven about 5,000 miles per year, when I reviewed the Audi Care service contract it didn't seem to make financial sense over just paying maintenance costs out of pocket. Perhaps I was missing something, For those who bought the Audi Care contracts how many miles per year are you driving per year and what maintenance work are you forecasting?
I have the same dilemma. My Q is coming up to 2 years, and has 13k miles. if I buy the Audicare at this upcoming service, is it worth it? At this rate of mileage, will I make up my $850 worth of service? I wont hit the mileage but what can I possibly expect done at 2YR -14k miles , 3YR 21-25k miles, and 4YR: 32-35k miles? Am I basically just going to get oil changes at these YRs/miles?
Old 03-09-2019, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I have the same dilemma. My Q is coming up to 2 years, and has 13k miles. if I buy the Audicare at this upcoming service, is it worth it? At this rate of mileage, will I make up my $850 worth of service? I wont hit the mileage but what can I possibly expect done at 2YR -14k miles , 3YR 21-25k miles, and 4YR: 32-35k miles? Am I basically just going to get oil changes at these YRs/miles?
No - you get the full factory annual service, regardless of your mileage.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
No - you get the full factory annual service, regardless of your mileage.
So, the question is, with my projected mileage, is it still worth $850 for the 2yr, 3yr, and 4th yr service? Will anything besides oil changes, and inspections be covered in that time frame?
Old 03-09-2019, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by BigKutta
So, the question is, with my projected mileage, is it still worth $850 for the 2yr, 3yr, and 4th yr service? Will anything besides oil changes, and inspections be covered in that time frame?
You actually get 4 annual services. Includes changing air and pollen filters, brake fluid flush every 2 years. My dealer charges $149 for brake fluid flush, so there's $300.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spaceframe
I am coming up on my first year service. I have approx 9000 mi on the car and no real problem. I've been very happy so far. When I made the purchase last year I decided not to buy the Audi Care Service package since I could buy it anytime up till the first year service. That time is here and I am looking to buy it. First year is free so this would pay for years 2 the 5, or 4 services. I know that in addition to oil/filter changes and break fluid at 20k and 40k, most of the service done is checks, inspections and adjustments. For $849 this comes to $212/service which doesn't seem too bad. I know doing the oil/filter changes myself could save a lot but I no longer do them on any of my cars. For others that have bought this package do you think you got good value for your money?
I was quoted $2495 for Audi Care, 60 months, 50,000 miles at a Dealer in California. We are do-it yourselfers - but we were told that if we did not have the vehicle maintained by an Audi dealer or certified, that it would void the warranty. Does anyone know if this is true?
Old 03-10-2019, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riverdancer9
I was quoted $2495 for Audi Care, 60 months, 50,000 miles at a Dealer in California. We are do-it yourselfers - but we were told that if we did not have the vehicle maintained by an Audi dealer or certified, that it would void the warranty. Does anyone know if this is true?
From FTC website:

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consumer protection agency, says no. In fact, it's illegal for a dealer to deny your warranty coverage simply because you had routine maintenance or repairs performed by someone else. Routine maintenance often includes oil changes, tire rotations, belt replacement, fluid checks and flushes, new brake pads, and inspections. Maintenance schedules vary by vehicle make, model and year; the best source of information about routine scheduled maintenance is your owner's manual.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/article...ne-maintenance

Quick Reply: Audi Care Service Contract