Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi Cargo Mat

Old 09-07-2016, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeman
Hands down, WT cargo liner & floor mats are light years better than OEM.
I agree.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:48 PM
NGN
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was about to order the weathertech all season cargo mat (have OEM all season mats in the front two rows) today, and wanted to take a quick look at the cargo area when I noticed the 3rd row didn't come with any mats (not even the regular fabric ones). Is this normal, or are mine just missing?

While I will probably not use the third row more than a couple times a year for the next couple of years, I would still like the carpet protected.

If I get the weathertech all season mats for the 3rd row, will the 3rd row seats still be able to go down? Maybe this is a stupid question, it looks like they would, but I figured I'd be safe than sorry.

Can someone who has tried this please share their experience?

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2016, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by NGN
I was about to order the weathertech all season cargo mat (have OEM all season mats in the front two rows) today, and wanted to take a quick look at the cargo area when I noticed the 3rd row didn't come with any mats (not even the regular fabric ones). Is this normal, or are mine just missing?

While I will probably not use the third row more than a couple times a year for the next couple of years, I would still like the carpet protected.

If I get the weathertech all season mats for the 3rd row, will the 3rd row seats still be able to go down? Maybe this is a stupid question, it looks like they would, but I figured I'd be safe than sorry.

Can someone who has tried this please share their experience?

Thanks!
That is correct, there is no 3rd row floor mats for the Q7 from Audi, not even in their accessories catalog. Weathertech seems to be the only option for 3rd row mats on the 4M Q7 for the forseeable future. Luckily, the weathertech floorliner 3rd row mats are a great option and fit perfectly. They do not interfere with folding of either the 2nd or 3rd row seats nor the fore-aft sliding adjustments of the 2nd row seats. It's only the Q7's 3rd row seat backs that fold down flat and have nothing to do with occupying the 3rd row footwell. I actually stash several umbrellas, small toolbag/emergency kit, and the factory-supplied jack in the 3rd row footwell with the 3rd row seatbacks folded down flat.

Here's a photo of my 3rd row weathertechs floorliners...

Old 10-23-2016, 05:15 PM
NGN
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by larryV
That is correct, there is no 3rd row floor mats for the Q7 from Audi, not even in their accessories catalog. Weathertech seems to be the only option for 3rd row mats on the 4M Q7 for the forseeable future. Luckily, the weathertech floorliner 3rd row mats are a great option and fit perfectly. They do not interfere with folding of either the 2nd or 3rd row seats nor the fore-aft sliding adjustments of the 2nd row seats. It's only the Q7's 3rd row seat backs that fold down flat and have nothing to do with occupying the 3rd row footwell. I actually stash several umbrellas, small toolbag/emergency kit, and the factory-supplied jack in the 3rd row footwell with the 3rd row seatbacks folded down flat.
VERY helpful. I'll go ahead and order the Weathertech 3rd row mat and (behind 2nd row) cargo liner.

Thank you, Larry.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So for those with the WT cargo liner, I assume you have to take it out or fold it awkwardly if you put the 3rd row seats up?
Old 12-05-2016, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A6Louie
So for those with the WT cargo liner, I assume you have to take it out or fold it awkwardly if you put the 3rd row seats up?
I've been wondering about this too with either the Audi mat or WT mat.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by A6Louie
If you search my posts on here, you will find where I posted many pictures of the WT mat folding with the 3rd row up.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
If you search my posts on here, you will find where I posted many pictures of the WT mat folding with the 3rd row up.
Thanks...I thought I had seen that before but I couldn't find it until you posted this. The pix are in this thread:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...2897517/page3/