AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7 (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/audi-club-north-america-discount-17-q7-2894583/)

Amit128 01-12-2016 05:10 PM

Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7

Hey guys. Ready to purchase the new q7 prestige and wanted to know if you were successful or not at getting your dealers to honor the 6% discount since getting them to discount otherwise is not working for me.

Also, I just signed up to the club and wanted to know if the lifetime membership actually does bypass the 6month waiting period or not before the discount can be applied. Thanks for your help!

Cadx6 01-12-2016 05:13 PM

Check the latest posts in this thread
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-.../#post24764186

jehanA7 01-12-2016 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Amit128 (Post 24764183)
Hey guys. Ready to purchase the new q7 prestige and wanted to know if you were successful or not at getting your dealers to honor the 6% discount since getting them to discount otherwise is not working for me.

Also, I just signed up to the club and wanted to know if the lifetime membership actually does bypass the 6month waiting period or not before the discount can be applied. Thanks for your help!

I got the 6% discount and loyalty on it but have been a member for 2 years.

Rheagar 01-12-2016 05:34 PM

I spoke with ACNA today by phone, and the lifetime membership purchase does exempt you from the 6 month waiting period. The Gal I spoke with recommended contacting the dealer first, and confirming with them that they would honor the discount(before purchasing the lifetime membership).

I have a deposit in on an order and am still waiting to hear back from my salesman about them honoring the discount.

I will post when I hear back from him.

mbr 01-12-2016 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Amit128 (Post 24764183)

My dealer said no

purdueATX 01-13-2016 06:35 AM

Does anyone know if you can pile the 6% ACNA discount with the 5% Euro Delivery discount, when doing ED?

baltfan 01-13-2016 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by purdueATX (Post 24764332)
Does anyone know if you can pile the 6% ACNA discount with the 5% Euro Delivery discount, when doing ED?

I don't believe so.

Cadx6 01-13-2016 10:22 AM

For what it's worth - - This is the reply I received to my e-mail to ACNA HQ -

"The 6% discount is available on the 2017 Q7. All certified Audi dealerships are participating in the program. If you have a specific dealership, please let me know and I can check if they are participating."

Amit128 01-13-2016 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cadx6 (Post 24764431)
For what it's worth - - This is the reply I received to my e-mail to ACNA HQ -

"The 6% discount is available on the 2017 Q7. All certified Audi dealerships are participating in the program. If you have a specific dealership, please let me know and I can check if they are participating."

Thank you for the info appreciate you sharing that with us!

Walter4 01-13-2016 12:21 PM

Has anyone confirmed the rumor that if you sign up for a lifetime membership you can get the 6% discount? $750 membership for over $4000 discount is a no brainer.

Rheagar 01-13-2016 12:42 PM

I spoke to ACNA by phone yesterday and they confirmed verbally that the 6mo waiting period is waived if you purchase the lifetime membership.

I emailed my salesman yesterday asking if they would honor the discount and he replied today that they would NOT go to it.

I emailed to the Lady that has helped me advising that the dealer declined to honor the discount. She asked for the name of the dealership and advised she would contact AoA and try to help get the discount.

I'm a bit concerned about heading that direction as I believe it may end the willingness of the dealership to negotiate in the future. I've messaged the salesman with questions as to why they are not participating in honoring the discount. I will await his reply before I see where the ACNA contacting AoA on my behalf gets me.

Cadx6 01-13-2016 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rheagar (Post 24764529)
I spoke to ACNA by phone yesterday and they confirmed verbally that the 6mo waiting period is waived if you purchase the lifetime membership.

I emailed my salesman yesterday asking if they would honor the discount and he replied today that they would NOT go to it.

I emailed to the Lady that has helped me advising that the dealer declined to honor the discount. She asked for the name of the dealership and advised she would contact AoA and try to help get the discount.

I'm a bit concerned about heading that direction as I believe it may end the willingness of the dealership to negotiate in the future. I've messaged the salesman with questions as to why they are not participating in honoring the discount. I will await his reply before I see where the ACNA contacting AoA on my behalf gets me.

I'm now kind of in a similar situation. I forwarded that response to my salesman & he still maintains his manager won't go for it. Maybe we've started something between ACNA & AOA with all these inquiries 😈. My order is still about 3 months out so I'll wait & deal with it when the time comes. I'll still stick with him since he treated us extremely well when we bought our TTS & Q7 on the same day.

mpatel1080 01-13-2016 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cadx6 (Post 24764560)
I'm now kind of in a similar situation. I forwarded that response to my salesman & he still maintains his manager won't go for it. Maybe we've started something between ACNA & AOA with all these inquiries 😈. My order is still about 3 months out so I'll wait & deal with it when the time comes. I'll still stick with him since he treated us extremely well when we bought our TTS & Q7 on the same day.

If they won't honor it go elsewhere. 4% of that incentive comes from Audi and only 2% from the dealer. There is plenty of profit in that situation for the dealer, and Im sure another dealer will do the deal. He better have treated you well after you dropped all that coin in one day!

audi40 01-14-2016 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by mpatel1080 (Post 24764605)
If they won't honor it go elsewhere. 4% of that incentive comes from Audi and only 2% from the dealer. There is plenty of profit in that situation for the dealer, and Im sure another dealer will do the deal. He better have treated you well after you dropped all that coin in one day!

I believe it's the other way around - dealer pays 4% and AoA kicks in 2%. Either way, I agree that there must be dealers out there willing to honor the ACNA or Supplier discounts on the new Q7's even though they're hot now.

centurion70 01-14-2016 07:56 AM

I would think the purpose of the ACNA discount is to encourage brand loyalty and reward buyers who are committed enough to Audi to pay for membership to an Audi club. Right now, Audi's US reputation and loyalty seem to be suffering in the wake of dieselgate, so it seems to me that it should be more important than ever for Audi to encourage brand loyalty. Even for non-diesel buyers, I would think Audi should be doing everything it can to make people feel good about investing in Audi cars. The ACNA discount is a longstanding way of doing that, and now is not the time to start backing away from it.

Of course, there are official exceptions to the ACNA discount, like the R8 etc. if AOA and ACNA want to put the new Q7 on that list, that is within their discretion. But otherwise, dealers should honor the discount.

jallen0 01-14-2016 08:24 AM

Audi West Houston (and their other stores) told me this morning that they will not honor the discount.

I am still unclear if they have to or not.

jallen0 01-14-2016 08:55 AM

I just called Audi Club and they stated that they are "looking into this issue" and have fielded several calls already. I actually had my salesman email me as to why and he said this:

Also, I checked with management, and they are not selling any Q7's under the supplier program. Audi made it up to the dealers discretion, and our store isn't participating in it, unfortunately.

There certainly seems to be a disconnect between what Audi dealers are saying and what Audi Club is saying. I also think that Audi Club is looking for more supporting calls and/or written verification of this issue so if you have it let them know.

mynewq7 01-14-2016 09:16 AM

I think its more supply and demand. Brand new model, early in the month, early in the quarter. Dealers don't want to discount them. 6 months from now will be a different story. Unless your dealer doesn't get much in the way of allocation. There are dealers in South Florida sitting on 20+ Q7's and I think once the initial demand cools off you will see some discounts. They are not selling Ferrari's people.

mike99 01-14-2016 11:18 AM

Seems like some dealers are being particularly difficult. The wording on the supplier form specifically states "dealers are not required to sell you a vehicle from their stock that are in short supply; however any vehicle offered under this program also may be factory ordered." It seems like you should be able to get one at the discounted price, but may have to wait until the order is processed and built.

Saying all of that, a savvy dealer would accept the discount and find other ways to make up the difference, such as in a lower trade value on a trade in or some other way.

moncsicsi 01-14-2016 12:07 PM

+1 to the no luck with discounts folks. Went to test drive today and was set on placing an order, but dealer offered horrible trade in price for our 2013 Q7, didn't want to honor the 6% or the USAA discount, no loaner if we sell the Q7 on our own sooner than the new one comes in. I don't think we will do business with them. Waiting on our old dealer's quote (they are farther away than this "new" dealership), who had been very good to us with our previous two Audi purchases.

jallen0 01-14-2016 12:42 PM

I have now called 9 dealerships, some as far away as 8 hours from my home and none of them are accepting the 6% discount. They all say that are not allowing the Q7 to be a part of that program.

While I understand that Audi has a hot product on their hands right now they are certainly making it very hard for new customers to want to buy their products...especially after all the bad press they have been receiving.

I have started to seriously rethink my purchase decision.

moncsicsi 01-14-2016 03:35 PM

Don't Give Up!

After sending messages to about 5 dealerships, I've finally found one in NC that will give us the ACNA discount! Cha-ching! So don't give up! Keep asking. You might get lucky. The sales guy from that dealership told me that out of the 11 Q7s they received last weekend, there are only 4 left! That thing is a hot commodity right now. People who want one fast, off the lot, might have less room for negotiations in the price. We don't need/want one right away and willing to wait 4+ months for it, so that could have been to our advantage when asking for the discount.

jperryrocks 01-14-2016 04:28 PM

The Audi supplier program which now includes the Audi Club may have some serious trouble in the future.

Audi sent a memo to all dealers Jan 5 '16, that they will no longer give them a 2% reimbursement.

There's only a 6% mark up in Audi's. So if the dealer was use to making some money @ 2% over, they are more likely to say yes. But now, Audi is screwing their dealers and if they sell a car and honor the 6%, it's all on the dealer and you're basically selling the car at cost.

So don't blame your dealer......Audi of America is really ham stringing their dealers and everybody loses. They also cut back all the loyalty to $500.

Somebody has to pay for diesel gate. 😜

jallen0 01-14-2016 04:34 PM

Which one in North Carolina. I thought I called all of them :)

Originally Posted by moncsicsi (Post 24765115)
After sending messages to about 5 dealerships, I've finally found one in NC that will give us the ACNA discount! Cha-ching! So don't give up! Keep asking. You might get lucky. The sales guy from that dealership told me that out of the 11 Q7s they received last weekend, there are only 4 left! That thing is a hot commodity right now. People who want one fast, off the lot, might have less room for negotiations in the price. We don't need/want one right away and willing to wait 4+ months for it, so that could have been to our advantage when asking for the discount.

mbr 01-14-2016 06:27 PM

I called our other local dealers today and none are honoring the ACNA discount. Crown Audi in Clearwater and Reeves Audi in Tampa both said no. Suncoast Audi in Sarasota said no but they may start accepting it about 6 months.

Zoef1996 01-15-2016 02:34 AM

Try Autonation in Orlando. The guy I spoke to there said that he thought the Q7 was not included in the discount. When I told him that it was and it was a question of whether the dealership honored it then he said they honor everything. They built their rep on being a straight shooter place.

hcubed 01-15-2016 12:06 PM

I was ready to place an order yesterday with a dealer here in San Diego. Before we started to fill out the order sheet, I asked if they were going honor the Audi Supplier discount. My sales guy (who was really great) took it to his manager. The response, we aren't going to honor the full discount but how about half of it? My response was thanks but we are done.

I called the other two dealers in San Diego and they both said that they would honor the discount. So, I just ordered ours today.

It is always challenging when you want to give someone a whole bucket load of money and they make it difficult :-)

jallen0 01-15-2016 02:10 PM

Another update. I talked with a general sales manager this evening and he told me that ALL of the dealers in the southeast have agreed to not honor the discount for Q7's on their lots and there will be no dealer swaps. If the dealer does not have the car they cannot get it from another dealer.

Why is it so hard to give someone $75,000 - $85,000? Is the $5,000 worth it?

Zoef1996 01-15-2016 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by jallen0 (Post 24765503)
Another update. I talked with a general sales manager this evening and he told me that ALL of the dealers in the southeast have agreed to not honor the discount for Q7's on their lots and there will be no dealer swaps. If the dealer does not have the car they cannot get it from another dealer.

Why is it so hard to give someone $75,000 - $85,000? Is the $5,000 worth it?

I noticed you said "on their lots". Is there a distinction if you order? I ordered from a south FL dealer and my dealer purports to be taking it but now I am a bit worried that they will try to screw me when it comes in.

jallen0 01-15-2016 03:51 PM

Zoef1996, there seems to be. About 50% of the dealers I have talked with will honor if you custom build it. And of course wait 3 months. But even then I have had other dealers tell me that they are not honoring it for as long as 6-8 months.

mbr 01-15-2016 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Zoef1996 (Post 24765268)
Try Autonation in Orlando. The guy I spoke to there said that he thought the Q7 was not included in the discount. When I told him that it was and it was a question of whether the dealership honored it then he said they honor everything. They built their rep on being a straight shooter place.

Thanks. I will call them tomorrow am. I have no problem driving 1.5-2 hours for a 6% discount. Only down side is a longer wait as I already ordered one locally last month and if I change dealers I will have to reorder. Can't find any inventory Tofano white/nougat with 21" wheels.

moncsicsi 01-16-2016 07:04 AM

Placed Order w/ACNA Discount

After I found one dealer in NC who would give me the ACNA 6%, the dealer who sold us our last 2 Audis also agreed to give us the Audi Club discount in addition to the $500 loyalty discount. Plus they agreed to provide us with a loaner car if we sell our Q7 earlier than our order comes in.
Here is what we ordered:
Glacier White Prestige
Standard black seating (Luxury package is too nice for the kids)
High Gloss Black/Gray Oak Wood Inlays
21" Wheels
Driver Assistance Package
Adaptive Chassis Package
Cold Weather Package
Night Vision Assistant
Black Headliner
Rear Side Airbags
Audi Beam Rings (because they are cool)
Edge Protection Film
Privacy Trunk Cover
$2K down Expected delivery in April. Excitement is under construction, as well ;)

baltfan 01-16-2016 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by moncsicsi (Post 24765704)
After I found one dealer in NC who would give me the ACNA 6%, the dealer who sold us our last 2 Audis also agreed to give us the Audi Club discount in addition to the $500 loyalty discount. Plus they agreed to provide us with a loaner car if we sell our Q7 earlier than our order comes in.
Here is what we ordered:
Glacier White Prestige
Standard black seating (Luxury package is too nice for the kids)
High Gloss Black/Gray Oak Wood Inlays
21" Wheels
Driver Assistance Package
Adaptive Chassis Package
Cold Weather Package
Night Vision Assistant
Black Headliner
Rear Side Airbags
Audi Beam Rings (because they are cool)
Edge Protection Film
Privacy Trunk Cover
$2K down Expected delivery in April. Excitement is under construction, as well ;)

If you are going to ever use three rows, delete the privacy trunk cover. There is no place to put it when the third row is up. It is stupid design.

mbr 01-16-2016 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by baltfan (Post 24765742)
If you are going to ever use three rows, delete the privacy trunk cover. There is no place to put it when the third row is up. It is stupid design.

We will use the 3rd row 5 times/year and will leave the cover in the garage for those times. Same as with our current X5 that the new Q7 will replace. The only place to put it in the car during unexpected 3rd row use is on the back floor under the second row passengers feet. I would still rather have the cover for the 90%+ time that the 3rd row is not used. No need to give someone a reason to break into the car for something they see in the trunk. I think it is ridiculous that Audi is charging for the cover when it is standard in essentially every other suv, even those with 3rd row

DennisMitchell 01-16-2016 09:05 AM

I would add the Rear Seat Entertainment Preparation for $150. No doubt brackets and adapters for tablets to plug into the sockets will become available in China and could provide valuable functionality down the road. You would also have increased resale value.

baltfan 01-16-2016 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell (Post 24765749)
I would add the Rear Seat Entertainment Preparation for $150. No doubt brackets and adapters for tablets to plug into the sockets will become available in China and could provide valuable functionality down the road. You would also have increased resale value.

I agree with this. I have the rear entertainment center. There are definitely people that will want the option if you sell the car. $150 for wiring is no big deal.

moncsicsi 01-16-2016 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by mbr (Post 24765748)
We will use the 3rd row 5 times/year and will leave the cover in the garage for those times. Same as with our current X5 that the new Q7 will replace. The only place to put it in the car during unexpected 3rd row use is on the back floor under the second row passengers feet. I would still rather have the cover for the 90%+ time that the 3rd row is not used. No need to give someone a reason to break into the car for something they see in the trunk. I think it is ridiculous that Audi is charging for the cover when it is standard in essentially every other suv, even those with 3rd row

It was a standard feature on our 2013 Q7. I believe Audi has just made it to an option. We are in the same situation. Use the 3rd row only a handful of times a year, but the rest of the time the privacy cover is handy to throw the kids' iPads under and cover things we want out of sight. It looks like the small hiding place in the trunk under the floorboard is completely gone now. So that's one more reason to get the privacy cover.

moncsicsi 01-16-2016 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell (Post 24765749)

I have been debating that, I just don't know much about the hook up. We have headrest installed DVD players in our Q7, but the kids no longer watch that. They just use their iPads for all the entertainment. So you say I would be able to put a bracket on the back of the seat and hook up an iPad to it?

moncsicsi 01-16-2016 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by baltfan (Post 24765742)

Thank you, baltfan. I'm familiar with the privacy cover and its bad design. However, we have it in place most of the time. It's a good hiding place for things we want out of sight.

DennisMitchell 01-16-2016 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by moncsicsi (Post 24765762)
I have been debating that, I just don't know much about the hook up. We have headrest installed DVD players in our Q7, but the kids no longer watch that. They just use their iPads for all the entertainment. So you say I would be able to put a bracket on the back of the seat and hook up an iPad to it?

Don't know but it is possible. I don't like to have regrets, so I would go the $150 just in case.