Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
A deposit and a sold order means absolutely nothing to Audi until it's punched and reported in a clients name. The dealer could only claim the 2% refund back until after the customer takes possession of the car and signs the official paperwork. You had to file a claim in the customers name and paperwork once the car was reported sold and off the lot.

Since Audi is disbanding the programs as of March 31st, there is no recourse for the dealer after that.

Essentially the dealer gets screwed and they have to eat the entire 6% if that's what is promised. I'm sure most dealers will honor what they gave a customer in writing.

But if you take possession of your car in May as an example, the supplier form is garbage. It means nothing to the dealer anymore and they'll tell you exactly that. There's nothing to file or claim as the program no longer exists.
That's not true. I am taking delivery in June and my dealer offered me the supplier discount. He told me the order has to be entered in before Mar 31st. If I decline the Car in June he pockets my 2K security deposit.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

jperry, You said that same thing in post #118 and I replied that the notice posted by another member as written stated different wording than is normally used on the supplier discount documentation. Since the program is (apparently) ending, the usual rules for the supplier discount appear not to be the case here. If the notice is correct and with the program ending, as I wrote previoulsy, I doubt Audi would want to anger the dealer or customer who has already executed (or will do so by March 31) a proper sales order into the system with the certificate. If so, the rules here are different and the certificate will be honored by AoA.

The dealer would receive the 2% rebate after the car was delivered and all pre-April 1 sales documents with certificates attached. The sales order would have been in the system and AoA could easily verify it had been executed by the eligible date.

One can only go by the wording of the (supposed) notice and use common sense as to AoA's intent. The last thing Audi wants to do right now is create further potential angst for its customers. A few 2% supplier rebates is chump change compared to what VAG and AoA are facing.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ven7782
That's not true. I am taking delivery in June and my dealer offered me the supplier discount. He told me the order has to be entered in before Mar 31st. If I decline the Car in June he pockets my 2K security deposit.
That makes sense (see my previous posts).
On the other hand, I doubt a dealer would withhold refunding a deposit if the order is cancelled (unless there were some very special items included in the sales order, i.e. special paint, interior, etc. not listed in the standard pricing sheet which could make the car harder to sell). I've almost never seen where a dealer would refuse to refund a deposit. The aggravation and potential bad publicity are just not worth it to a new car dealer and most courts would find for the purchaser anyway.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least in California, under the state law, the security deposit can be cancelled at any time, for any reason, and is fully refundable.

Last edited by discogone; 03-10-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
That makes sense (see my previous posts).
On the other hand, I doubt a dealer would withhold refunding a deposit if the order is cancelled (unless there were some very special items included in the sales order, i.e. special paint, interior, etc. not listed in the standard pricing sheet which could make the car harder to sell). I've almost never seen where a dealer would refuse to refund a deposit. The aggravation and potential bad publicity are just not worth it to a new car dealer and most courts would find for the purchaser anyway.
Deposit would be withheld only if I refuse to take delivery due to personal reasons. Not if the car arrives damaged or the negotiated price is not honored. This is clearly mentioned in the document.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Deposit would be withheld only if I refuse to take delivery due to personal reasons. Not if the car arrives damaged or the negotiated price is not honored. This is clearly mentioned in the document.
It still wouldn't hold up in any court no matter what the sales agreement states. In contract law there must be consideration (delivery of goods) for any monies paid (i.e. a deposit) to be legally binding. A seller cannot compel you to buy a car (or anything else) and withhold a deposit if you don't take possession (As I wrote, a special order outside the norm would be an exception). These sales agreements almost always state things like that to dissuade a buyer from cancelling. In 50 years of car buying I've never known of a car deposit not returned when a dealer is pressed. (Real estate contract law in most states can be somewhat different).
Old 03-10-2016, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It still wouldn't hold up in any court no matter what the sales agreement states. In contract law there must be consideration (delivery of goods) for any monies paid (i.e. a deposit) to be legally binding. A seller cannot compel you to buy a car (or anything else) and withhold a deposit if you don't take possession (As I wrote, a special order outside the norm would be an exception). These sales agreements almost always state things like that to dissuade a buyer from cancelling. In 50 years of car buying I've never known of a car deposit not returned when a dealer is pressed. (Real estate contract law in most states can be somewhat different).
Thanks, that is good to know. I will most likely take the delivery as I don't want to miss the 6% supplier discount unless Audi comes up with something better by June.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, that is good to know. I will most likely take the delivery as I don't want to miss the 6% supplier discount unless Audi comes up with something better by June.
Do you mean place the order OR take an actual delivery before April 1st?

Asking as I am in the same boat. I have a supplier discount certificate and different dealers are giving me different answers.

Found one dealer ready to honor the certificate but others are mentioning that in order to get the discount they have to turn the paperwork in (only provided when you take the actual physical delivery) before April 1.

Might be scare tactic to push me into buying costlier model/trim but don't want to miss out discount after waiting 3~4 months for delivery.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by patrick05
Do you mean place the order OR take an actual delivery before April 1st?

Asking as I am in the same boat. I have a supplier discount certificate and different dealers are giving me different answers.

Found one dealer ready to honor the certificate but others are mentioning that in order to get the discount they have to turn the paperwork in (only provided when you take the actual physical delivery) before April 1.

Might be scare tactic to push me into buying costlier model/trim but don't want to miss out discount after waiting 3~4 months for delivery.
I am taking physical delivery only in June. As per my dealer the order has to be placed by March 31st to get the supplier discount. The delivery can be taken anytime. If you want I can PM you my dealer information. You can call and check for yourself and use that as a bargaining chip.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am taking physical delivery only in June. As per my dealer the order has to be placed by March 31st to get the supplier discount. The delivery can be taken anytime. If you want I can PM you my dealer information. You can call and check for yourself and use that as a bargaining chip.
Thanks. Will PM you if required. I have never placed a special order. Does the order confirmation document list the exact price with the 6% discount or has a disclaimer indicating price is never guaranteed? Planning to place a special order his weekend.

Quick Reply: Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7