Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7

Old 03-19-2016, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

It's doubtful it will be better than the current program and could very well not be as good. A bird in the hand....
Old 03-21-2016, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ven7782
Sent you a PM
could you forward to me? my dealer cannot honor the discount they originally agreed to. when they submitted my PO they were told they would not get the 2% back. i said fine then let's call it a deal at 4% and they declined and refunded my deposit.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

iconoclast, thought you were leaning towards the XC90, what changed your mind? I remember you being not very enthusiastic about your time with the Q7?
Old 03-21-2016, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Expert

all the issues with the XC90 and no discount to be a real world beta tester has me looking at other options. i wasn't thrilled with the new Q7 but considering i was getting 6% off on an $86k build was i willing to overlook the exterior shortcomings and modify the vehicle to my tastes... now that the discount has been pulled from me i am more than likely going to go with the new X5 50i M-Sport unless another dealer will honor the deal on the Q7 build.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
could you forward to me? my dealer cannot honor the discount they originally agreed to. when they submitted my PO they were told they would not get the 2% back. i said fine then let's call it a deal at 4% and they declined and refunded my deposit.
That's surprising that the dealer did not honor the agreement. I hope I don't face this issue. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sent you a PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

So much for a purchase agreement being a contract.
Sounds like they had another buyer willing to pay more than 4% off MSRP. Otherwise, why not accept the same 4% they were offering you to begin with? A good example of an unscrupulous dealer practice.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in December my wife and I ordered two cars. S6 and Q7 with prices set that time that included the 6% supplier discount. My s6 arrived first a couple of weeks ago. When I was picking it up the dealer told me that they are not receiving the 2% from AoA any more. However they will honor the prices set back in December. I don't see why they would not unless it was a verbal agreement with no deposit. That's just bad business practice.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do we still need this? My friend just told me that Audi West Chester(near Philadelphia) already offered him any in-stock new Q7 at 6%off for lease. If he buy and can pay cash, they can do invoice-$1000......
Old 03-26-2016, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Expert

it was a written up deal. my trade was on the po along with pricing. msrp on the Q7 was around 86,xxx before discounts. fast forward "policy changed" and they would honor the "deal". i was later told by another employee that the owner said there will be no discounting at all on the new q7 except $1500 for repeat customers. i purchased a new X5 50i MSRP $98k. sixteen year relationship meant nothing at that dealer and to add insult to injury the BMW dealer offered me more for my trade than Audi (it was a 2015 Q7 Prestige S-Line+).
Old 03-26-2016, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

it was a written up deal. my trade was on the po along with pricing. msrp on the Q7 was around 86,xxx before discounts. fast forward "policy changed" and they would honor the "deal". i was later told by another employee that the owner said there will be no discounting at all on the new q7 except $1500 for repeat customers. i purchased a new X5 50i MSRP $98k. sixteen year relationship meant nothing at that dealer and to add insult to injury the BMW dealer offered me more for my trade than Audi (it was a 2015 Q7 Prestige S-Line+).
That sucks that they would treat a long time customer like that. Did you try taking it up the chain? Similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago when my usual sales guy was on vacation and the new sales manager tried to reneg on my original verbally agreed-upon discount. I had been a customer for 10 years. Long story short I sent an email to the GM about my intention of taking my business elsewhere, and the day after I get a call from the GM with an apology and an offer to not only honor the discount but also to include a tire road hazard warranty and the Audi maintenance plan at no additional cost as a "thank you for your loyalty". Fast forward to this year when I started inquiring about the new Q7, I learned that sales manager who tried to change my discount then was no longer with them. Good riddance, as he wasn't very good at winning over customers let alone retaining the loyal ones.

Anyhow, congrats on the new X5 and good luck with it. Also a very nice car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7