Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 12:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke to ACNA by phone yesterday and they confirmed verbally that the 6mo waiting period is waived if you purchase the lifetime membership.

I emailed my salesman yesterday asking if they would honor the discount and he replied today that they would NOT go to it.

I emailed to the Lady that has helped me advising that the dealer declined to honor the discount. She asked for the name of the dealership and advised she would contact AoA and try to help get the discount.

I'm a bit concerned about heading that direction as I believe it may end the willingness of the dealership to negotiate in the future. I've messaged the salesman with questions as to why they are not participating in honoring the discount. I will await his reply before I see where the ACNA contacting AoA on my behalf gets me.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rheagar
I spoke to ACNA by phone yesterday and they confirmed verbally that the 6mo waiting period is waived if you purchase the lifetime membership.

I emailed my salesman yesterday asking if they would honor the discount and he replied today that they would NOT go to it.

I emailed to the Lady that has helped me advising that the dealer declined to honor the discount. She asked for the name of the dealership and advised she would contact AoA and try to help get the discount.

I'm a bit concerned about heading that direction as I believe it may end the willingness of the dealership to negotiate in the future. I've messaged the salesman with questions as to why they are not participating in honoring the discount. I will await his reply before I see where the ACNA contacting AoA on my behalf gets me.
I'm now kind of in a similar situation. I forwarded that response to my salesman & he still maintains his manager won't go for it. Maybe we've started something between ACNA & AOA with all these inquiries 😈. My order is still about 3 months out so I'll wait & deal with it when the time comes. I'll still stick with him since he treated us extremely well when we bought our TTS & Q7 on the same day.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
I'm now kind of in a similar situation. I forwarded that response to my salesman & he still maintains his manager won't go for it. Maybe we've started something between ACNA & AOA with all these inquiries 😈. My order is still about 3 months out so I'll wait & deal with it when the time comes. I'll still stick with him since he treated us extremely well when we bought our TTS & Q7 on the same day.

If they won't honor it go elsewhere. 4% of that incentive comes from Audi and only 2% from the dealer. There is plenty of profit in that situation for the dealer, and Im sure another dealer will do the deal. He better have treated you well after you dropped all that coin in one day!
Old 01-14-2016, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mpatel1080
If they won't honor it go elsewhere. 4% of that incentive comes from Audi and only 2% from the dealer. There is plenty of profit in that situation for the dealer, and Im sure another dealer will do the deal. He better have treated you well after you dropped all that coin in one day!
I believe it's the other way around - dealer pays 4% and AoA kicks in 2%. Either way, I agree that there must be dealers out there willing to honor the ACNA or Supplier discounts on the new Q7's even though they're hot now.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would think the purpose of the ACNA discount is to encourage brand loyalty and reward buyers who are committed enough to Audi to pay for membership to an Audi club. Right now, Audi's US reputation and loyalty seem to be suffering in the wake of dieselgate, so it seems to me that it should be more important than ever for Audi to encourage brand loyalty. Even for non-diesel buyers, I would think Audi should be doing everything it can to make people feel good about investing in Audi cars. The ACNA discount is a longstanding way of doing that, and now is not the time to start backing away from it.

Of course, there are official exceptions to the ACNA discount, like the R8 etc. if AOA and ACNA want to put the new Q7 on that list, that is within their discretion. But otherwise, dealers should honor the discount.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi West Houston (and their other stores) told me this morning that they will not honor the discount.

I am still unclear if they have to or not.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just called Audi Club and they stated that they are "looking into this issue" and have fielded several calls already. I actually had my salesman email me as to why and he said this:

Also, I checked with management, and they are not selling any Q7's under the supplier program. Audi made it up to the dealers discretion, and our store isn't participating in it, unfortunately.

There certainly seems to be a disconnect between what Audi dealers are saying and what Audi Club is saying. I also think that Audi Club is looking for more supporting calls and/or written verification of this issue so if you have it let them know.
Old 01-14-2016, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think its more supply and demand. Brand new model, early in the month, early in the quarter. Dealers don't want to discount them. 6 months from now will be a different story. Unless your dealer doesn't get much in the way of allocation. There are dealers in South Florida sitting on 20+ Q7's and I think once the initial demand cools off you will see some discounts. They are not selling Ferrari's people.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like some dealers are being particularly difficult. The wording on the supplier form specifically states "dealers are not required to sell you a vehicle from their stock that are in short supply; however any vehicle offered under this program also may be factory ordered." It seems like you should be able to get one at the discounted price, but may have to wait until the order is processed and built.

Saying all of that, a savvy dealer would accept the discount and find other ways to make up the difference, such as in a lower trade value on a trade in or some other way.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

+1 to the no luck with discounts folks. Went to test drive today and was set on placing an order, but dealer offered horrible trade in price for our 2013 Q7, didn't want to honor the 6% or the USAA discount, no loaner if we sell the Q7 on our own sooner than the new one comes in. I don't think we will do business with them. Waiting on our old dealer's quote (they are farther away than this "new" dealership), who had been very good to us with our previous two Audi purchases.

Quick Reply: Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7