Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 12:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have now called 9 dealerships, some as far away as 8 hours from my home and none of them are accepting the 6% discount. They all say that are not allowing the Q7 to be a part of that program.

While I understand that Audi has a hot product on their hands right now they are certainly making it very hard for new customers to want to buy their products...especially after all the bad press they have been receiving.

I have started to seriously rethink my purchase decision.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Don't Give Up!

After sending messages to about 5 dealerships, I've finally found one in NC that will give us the ACNA discount! Cha-ching! So don't give up! Keep asking. You might get lucky. The sales guy from that dealership told me that out of the 11 Q7s they received last weekend, there are only 4 left! That thing is a hot commodity right now. People who want one fast, off the lot, might have less room for negotiations in the price. We don't need/want one right away and willing to wait 4+ months for it, so that could have been to our advantage when asking for the discount.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Audi supplier program which now includes the Audi Club may have some serious trouble in the future.

Audi sent a memo to all dealers Jan 5 '16, that they will no longer give them a 2% reimbursement.

There's only a 6% mark up in Audi's. So if the dealer was use to making some money @ 2% over, they are more likely to say yes. But now, Audi is screwing their dealers and if they sell a car and honor the 6%, it's all on the dealer and you're basically selling the car at cost.

So don't blame your dealer......Audi of America is really ham stringing their dealers and everybody loses. They also cut back all the loyalty to $500.

Somebody has to pay for diesel gate. 😜
Old 01-14-2016, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Which one in North Carolina. I thought I called all of them

Originally Posted by moncsicsi
After sending messages to about 5 dealerships, I've finally found one in NC that will give us the ACNA discount! Cha-ching! So don't give up! Keep asking. You might get lucky. The sales guy from that dealership told me that out of the 11 Q7s they received last weekend, there are only 4 left! That thing is a hot commodity right now. People who want one fast, off the lot, might have less room for negotiations in the price. We don't need/want one right away and willing to wait 4+ months for it, so that could have been to our advantage when asking for the discount.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:27 PM
mbr
AudiWorld Member

I called our other local dealers today and none are honoring the ACNA discount. Crown Audi in Clearwater and Reeves Audi in Tampa both said no. Suncoast Audi in Sarasota said no but they may start accepting it about 6 months.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Try Autonation in Orlando. The guy I spoke to there said that he thought the Q7 was not included in the discount. When I told him that it was and it was a question of whether the dealership honored it then he said they honor everything. They built their rep on being a straight shooter place.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was ready to place an order yesterday with a dealer here in San Diego. Before we started to fill out the order sheet, I asked if they were going honor the Audi Supplier discount. My sales guy (who was really great) took it to his manager. The response, we aren't going to honor the full discount but how about half of it? My response was thanks but we are done.

I called the other two dealers in San Diego and they both said that they would honor the discount. So, I just ordered ours today.

It is always challenging when you want to give someone a whole bucket load of money and they make it difficult :-)
Old 01-15-2016, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Another update. I talked with a general sales manager this evening and he told me that ALL of the dealers in the southeast have agreed to not honor the discount for Q7's on their lots and there will be no dealer swaps. If the dealer does not have the car they cannot get it from another dealer.

Why is it so hard to give someone $75,000 - $85,000? Is the $5,000 worth it?
Old 01-15-2016, 03:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jallen0
Another update. I talked with a general sales manager this evening and he told me that ALL of the dealers in the southeast have agreed to not honor the discount for Q7's on their lots and there will be no dealer swaps. If the dealer does not have the car they cannot get it from another dealer.

Why is it so hard to give someone $75,000 - $85,000? Is the $5,000 worth it?
I noticed you said "on their lots". Is there a distinction if you order? I ordered from a south FL dealer and my dealer purports to be taking it but now I am a bit worried that they will try to screw me when it comes in.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Zoef1996, there seems to be. About 50% of the dealers I have talked with will honor if you custom build it. And of course wait 3 months. But even then I have had other dealers tell me that they are not honoring it for as long as 6-8 months.

Quick Reply: Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7