Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
The Audi supplier program which now includes the Audi Club may have some serious trouble in the future.

Audi sent a memo to all dealers Jan 5 '16, that they will no longer give them a 2% reimbursement.

There's only a 6% mark up in Audi's. So if the dealer was use to making some money @ 2% over, they are more likely to say yes. But now, Audi is screwing their dealers and if they sell a car and honor the 6%, it's all on the dealer and you're basically selling the car at cost.

So don't blame your dealer......Audi of America is really ham stringing their dealers and everybody loses. They also cut back all the loyalty to $500.

Somebody has to pay for diesel gate. 😜
Where is the source for this? I have difficulty believing Audi would effectively scrap the supplier discount (eliminating the 2% rebate to the dealers) after so many years of partner participation. Makes no sense.
BTW, dealer invoice cost is 7% below sticker, not 6%. Dealers also get rebates for attaining various goals.

Originally Posted by jallen0
Another update. I talked with a general sales manager this evening and he told me that ALL of the dealers in the southeast have agreed to not honor the discount for Q7's on their lots and there will be no dealer swaps. If the dealer does not have the car they cannot get it from another dealer.

Why is it so hard to give someone $75,000 - $85,000? Is the $5,000 worth it?
What he told you, if true, would essentially be illegal price fixing by collusion. If someone reports this, those dealers would be subject to a world of hurt from the Justice dept.
Preventing And Detecting Bid Rigging, Price Fixing, And Market Allocation In Post-Disaster Rebuilding Projects | ATR | Department of Justice
Old 01-16-2016, 07:19 PM
mbr
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
What he told you, if true, would essentially be illegal price fixing by collusion. If someone reports this, those dealers would be subject to a world of hurt from the Justice dept.
Preventing And Detecting Bid Rigging, Price Fixing, And Market Allocation In Post-Disaster Rebuilding Projects | ATR | Department of Justice
I have called around and cannot find a dealer in florida that will honor the acna supplier discount on an inventory or ordered Q7. Based on info from ealier in this thread, I called Autoway Audi of North Orlando and after the sales manager looked into it, emailed me this response:
I read the forum comment and showed it to my new car director along with the GM. Unfortunately the Q7’s will not be part of our Supplier Discount Program in near future. I know the timing does not play well into your ordering plans currently.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default BAY AREA experience

What I have learned contacting most dealers in the Bay Area and Sacramento via email and a few phones calls, during a rainy weekend:

- No AoA discount
- Very blase about the inbound interest, want to move remaining 2015s more
- Most Will give 2% loyalty discount
- One more rural dealer near Sacramento offered $500 off MSRP

This is for my wife, so if she continues to love how pretty the Rovers are, then Audi may lose a potential customer.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

In Northern Virginia, I ordered a 2017 Prestige w all options except B&O. Dealer agreed to Audi Supplier Discount (6%) plus any loyalty incentives that are active upon receiving the vehicle in April/May.

Does anyone know if a CD/DVD player is in the car? I can't remember seeing it and it doesn't show as an option.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Factory sponsored rebates, i.e. Loyalty, are fully reimbursed to the dealer by AoA. No reason a dealer should not participate on any Audi that qualifies.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SteveVA
In Northern Virginia, I ordered a 2017 Prestige w all options except B&O. Dealer agreed to Audi Supplier Discount (6%) plus any loyalty incentives that are active upon receiving the vehicle in April/May.

Does anyone know if a CD/DVD player is in the car? I can't remember seeing it and it doesn't show as an option.
It's in the glove box.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

The details of Audi Supplier Program can be found here, including a list of all participating dealers in USA.
It appears to be an official AoA program; I don't see how the dealers can legally wiggle out of it if they are on the Audi official list as participating!

Audi Supplier Program

Audi Supplier Program
Old 01-18-2016, 03:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mynewq7
I think its more supply and demand. Brand new model, early in the month, early in the quarter. Dealers don't want to discount them. 6 months from now will be a different story. Unless your dealer doesn't get much in the way of allocation. There are dealers in South Florida sitting on 20+ Q7's and I think once the initial demand cools off you will see some discounts. They are not selling Ferrari's people.
I agree for now it will be very hit or miss. I was lucky with my discount because I already had an A7 from them and the Miami dealership had 20 coming in and I had put a 5 K deposit down in late November. It was at the discretion of the dealer and believe if I would have tried to get the discount today would not have worked as they are selling them all out at MSRP. If I owned the dealer I would definitely wait till the demand slowed down as 6k off each car adds up quickly when you don't have a lot of inventory to turn over.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This statement seems pretty clear:

Vehicles may be sold at the Dealer’s discretion from their stock or may be factory-ordered. Dealers are not required to sell you a vehicle from their stock that is in short supply; however, any vehicle offered under this program also may be factory-ordered

I think dealer can deny the discount on limited q7 stock if they want.
Old 01-18-2016, 05:29 AM
mbr
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by A4rooster
This statement seems pretty clear:

Vehicles may be sold at the Dealer’s discretion from their stock or may be factory-ordered. Dealers are not required to sell you a vehicle from their stock that is in short supply; however, any vehicle offered under this program also may be factory-ordered

I think dealer can deny the discount on limited q7 stock if they want.
Problem here is that many (including my dealer) are also denying this discount on ordered Q7's

Quick Reply: Audi club of North America discount on 17' q7