Audi Complete crap

Old 01-17-2019, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Lectoid View Post
Nah
Intelligent response!! LOL!
Old 01-17-2019, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

If it's meant to run all of the time, then why is there a button to turn it off?
Old 01-17-2019, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by whyman View Post
You must have bought yours used with 30,000km already
New, delivered July 2016.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

If it's meant to run all of the time, then why is there a button to turn it off?
Go hit Auto on the climate control system in the winter and see what happens. The condensor turns on. The system manages the condensor temperature to ensure proper humidity and temperature, so its not always on, but only when needed. I suppose you can turn it off as many people think they are saving gas, or perhaps old school thinking...I dont know. But my point is that there is no reason to turn it off, because there are benefits, one of which addresses OPs point regarding the smell. Running the condenser keep bacteria and mold from building up in the vents that give that smell.

Every German car I've owned has mentioned that setting Auto mode and just changing the temp is the way to go. Took me a while, but I came to appreciate that value of hitting Auto and letting the car do the rest.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very likely because it would affect sales if they removed it since people still believe turning it off does some good.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can turn off your traction control but will you?
Traction control should turn on all the time but why they make a button to turn it off?
Old 01-17-2019, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Turning off traction control in heavy deep Snow, or if you are stuck, and/or rutted roads is utilized to increase traction across all wheels during those conditions. That is why the button exists. For those of us in Snow Country it is utilized frequently and yes it does "a lot of good"
Old 01-17-2019, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jamin55 View Post
Turning off traction control in heavy deep Snow, or if you are stuck, and/or rutted roads is utilized to increase traction across all wheels during those conditions. That is why the button exists. For those of us in Snow Country it is utilized frequently and yes it does "a lot of good"
Right, so every button must be designed for some reason.
My question is for Lectoid .
Old 01-17-2019, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The off switch is there to give people a choice. There are folks who for health reasons don't do well in an air conditioned environment, so even though the system is automatic and meant to just be left to its own devices there might be times where it needs to be turned off. One misconception I see often is that many seem to think AC is only about cooling. That's not the case. AC doesn't stand for air conditioning for nothing. It involves cooling/heating and managing the humidity. The latter is important in a confined environment like a car. As others have already mentioned, humidity fosters bacterial growth in the vents etc, but also the interior. The de-humidification during wet days when passengers are dragging in a lot of moisture with their wet rain coats and stuff it helps immensely to dry out the interior and keep it from molding and growing bacteria which ultimately will lead to an unhealthy and odorous interior. It's up to everybody themselves if they wanna turn it on or off, but even in the winter having the AC in auto would be the proper setting for a well heated with proper humidity interior.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
The off switch is there to give people a choice. There are folks who for health reasons don't do well in an air conditioned environment, so even though the system is automatic and meant to just be left to its own devices there might be times where it needs to be turned off. One misconception I see often is that many seem to think AC is only about cooling. That's not the case. AC doesn't stand for air conditioning for nothing. It involves cooling/heating and managing the humidity. The latter is important in a confined environment like a car. As others have already mentioned, humidity fosters bacterial growth in the vents etc, but also the interior. The de-humidification during wet days when passengers are dragging in a lot of moisture with their wet rain coats and stuff it helps immensely to dry out the interior and keep it from molding and growing bacteria which ultimately will lead to an unhealthy and odorous interior. It's up to everybody themselves if they wanna turn it on or off, but even in the winter having the AC in auto would be the proper setting for a well heated with proper humidity interior.
+100

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi Complete crap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: