Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi Complete crap

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

A lot of you seem upset about me not using the AC. I do know AC isn't just for cooling.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Lectoid
A lot of you seem upset about me not using the AC. I do know AC isn't just for cooling.
Pretty sure no one here gives a hoot what you do or don't do.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:44 PM
alk
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I notice a consistent 1-2 mpg difference in fuel economy when I leave the AC on in my A4. I haven’t experimented with the Q7, but I’d guess it’s similar. The compressor actually consumes quite a lot of energy.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

That's the good thing about Florida: 99% of the time, you don't even have to think about switching the AC on or off. The only button I push on a regular basis is the MAX AC-button due to the LACK OF A REMOTE START.

Hello Audi, are you listening?
Old 01-17-2019, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OP - call Audi of Canada, be polite and calm and ask for help. Dealerships rarely help effectively, they don't care as much about brand loyalty as Audi themselves. If Canada has a BBB, log a complaint with them and let AOC know you have a complaint logged, but are willing to take it away if you can get some help from them.

This is not insurmountable - you can get some help and maybe a replacement car if yours was new or Audi Certified. I've had 15 Audis and never had this number of issues with any one car. I did have Audi replace my 2008 Q7 due to a stalling issue they couldn't nail-down.

Check it out.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by arU4ic
OP - call Audi of Canada, be polite and calm and ask for help. Dealerships rarely help effectively, they don't care as much about brand loyalty as Audi themselves. If Canada has a BBB, log a complaint with them and let AOC know you have a complaint logged, but are willing to take it away if you can get some help from them.

This is not insurmountable - you can get some help and maybe a replacement car if yours was new or Audi Certified. I've had 15 Audis and never had this number of issues with any one car. I did have Audi replace my 2008 Q7 due to a stalling issue they couldn't nail-down.

Check it out.
Thanks for the Advice, But I tried both Audi Canada, and logging a complaint with the BBB, but the BBB in Canada does not take these kinds of complaints, they referred me to Lawyer referral services....

Also went through 2 small litigation to see if they will purchase my vehicle, both ended in failure, both times they decided in favor of the dealership," Even after the General Manager lied in the report" ...

Sadly we don't have lemon laws
Old 01-18-2019, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Nah
As you'll notice from the other posts here, ignorance on how the A/C system works is not a good defence for a discussion. If you press the OFF button the A/C compressor doesn't actually turn off. Ever. It's on, 100% of the time. The car has a variable displacement compressor, meaning it never cycles on and off, but runs at a duty cycle appropriate for the conditions. This provides all of the benefits of leaving A/C on 100% of the time with 0% degradation of fuel economy. Likely this explanation is over you head, but we are attempting to explain to you politely why you know nothing about which you speak. Come on dude.... People still think turning A/C off in winter is a thing?!?! Ridiculous.....
Old 01-18-2019, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by whyman
Sadly we don't have lemon laws
Ah, well that is a big problem - maybe why I hear such bad stories from Canadian dealers (?)
Old 01-18-2019, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by alk
I notice a consistent 1-2 mpg difference in fuel economy when I leave the AC on in my A4. I haven’t experimented with the Q7, but I’d guess it’s similar. The compressor actually consumes quite a lot of energy.
This is not even possible, as your A4 as a variable displacement compressor that does not cycle on or off and is 100% on all the time (just running at a low output rate when unneeded). Your claim could be considered possible on a cycling compressor, but you car doesn't have this. Even when you A/C is turned "off" on your A4 it is still on, the key reason why a variable output compressor is used...it consumes no meaningful amount of power while at the low demand mode, increasing fuel economy without the driver doing anything. This is a classic example of how people perceive an improvement (in your case fuel economy) because they are convinced there action causes a benefit (turning off A/C).....when technically what you claim isn't even possible. It's like the placebo effect. I'm not trying to be "mean" towards you, but it's an example of perception that doesn't match reality due to misunderstood design. Lots of people do it all the time, but it's still a problem in our society.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

I rarely use AC. What's the point of having it on in the winter? I can count on one hand the number of times I needed it to defog the windows. In the summer I do use it when it's hot enough. I realize the MPG hit is small, but I still don't use something when it doesn't need to be used.
To wick moisture out of the air.

Can't remember when I've ever had mine off tbh, unless windows were all down

Quick Reply: Audi Complete crap