Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Audi Complete crap

Old 01-23-2019, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RJC 1 View Post
Have you reached out to AoA or the AoA District Aftersales Mgr?
OP is Canadian! Based on some other stories, Canadian dealers don't seem to be very helpful, nor is Audi of Canada, and Canada isn't as consumer friendly as the USA, so no lemon law, either.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss View Post
OP is Canadian! Based on some other stories, Canadian dealers don't seem to be very helpful, nor is Audi of Canada, and Canada isn't as consumer friendly as the USA, so no lemon law, either.
I remember that now, too bad.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

"Canada doesn't have real lemon laws for faulty cars like the U.S. has. But consumers do have avenues they can take if they feel they have a defective motor vehicle, whether they purchased it new or used."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/lem...have-1.2951106
Old 01-23-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

I tried every avenue, and I mean EVERY, besides hiring a lawyer and going to court.... but without a class action, I will not likely win against Audi of Canada
Old 01-23-2019, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Are all the manufacturers selling in Canada this bad?
Old 01-24-2019, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I’ve never had an issue with any dealers including, off the top of my head, Audi, BMW, Porsche, Chev, Ford, Acura, Honda, and Hyundai. I believe the OP mentioned that he was banned from the Audi dealer. No one I know has ever been banned from a dealer.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NABS4 View Post
Iíve never had an issue with any dealers including, off the top of my head, Audi, BMW, Porsche, Chev, Ford, Acura, Honda, and Hyundai. I believe the OP mentioned that he was banned from the Audi dealer. No one I know has ever been banned from a dealer.
I have purchased/leased over 30+ highline vehicles in my decades of driving and had two very unpleasant experiences, one with a Porsche dealer many years ago and an Audi dealershp more recenlty...the companies/people that own them have a history of not caring when there's a problem...it happens. It's like what Tony Soprano said (I think about doctors), it's never a problerm until it's a problem...
Old 01-25-2019, 04:22 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NABS4 View Post
Iíve never had an issue with any dealers including, off the top of my head, Audi, BMW, Porsche, Chev, Ford, Acura, Honda, and Hyundai. I believe the OP mentioned that he was banned from the Audi dealer. No one I know has ever been banned from a dealer.
Actually a member on this forum, if I recall correctly was banned from Audi Hoffman Estates in IL.. In summary he caught an Audi porter sealing from his Q7 on dash cam video while it was in for service, and when he presented it to management they told him he setup the porter because he shouldn't have left money in the closed center armrest! Below is the link to his thread.. I'm sure if I stated anything incorrect the OP of that link will correct me..

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...-my-q-2951086/

A previous co-worker of mine was banned back in 2014 or 15 from a Chrysler dealer over issues with his Grand Cherokee. He was having a electrical problems and the dealership kept brushing him off telling him nothing was wrong. This went on for close to 7 months. He made a video and on his next service appt showed it to the service manager, he picked it up two days later and was told it was fixed they said they replaced a control module..

A week later the same problem was back, when he called to make an appt to bring it back in he was told he was no longer welcome to service his vehicle with them. He left a message with the service manager and when he didn't get a call back he left a message with the GM, who also never called him back..

So he called corporate and was told that dealers reserve the right to refuse service if they so choose, but she helped set up service with another dealer on his behalf. Took it to the new dealer and he was told that he needed two software updates. He kept the Jeep for two more years after that and never had that same problem again..
Old 01-25-2019, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

exactly, dealerships are crook businesses