Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi Connect Key User

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect Key User

How do you authorize the "key user"? We have the scratch off fob - but which is the vehicle code? Is the user name the one we created using our email address or is it something else. Very confusing.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

User name is the the one you use for your MyAudi account login
Vehicle Code is 10 digits

Has the dealer activated your Key User account? You would have to provide your Agreement ID (should look like "USA0000123456") to them, then they authorized it. You should have received an email from Audi letting you know that this has happened.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you. So the 10 digit code is under the scratch off? I don't think we have seen an email from Audi to verify the contract.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to sign up for an account at the AudiUSA.com website link, "myaudi". Once you sign up you will find a link to register for the Audi Connect services free trial. Once you sign up and agree to the terms, it will have you download a PDF contract which contains your information and VIN along with a contract number. Email this contract to your salesperson or service advisor who should then confirm your account online with you as the true owner of the car. Once this is done, your "connect" services will start working assuming you already entered the information that "Audi By Nature" mentioned above into your MMI.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My Audi A8L is a CPO car. It shows it has 3 key users. I have a "Key user agreement from myAudi.com complete with Agreement ID #.

How do I delete the three other Key Users and put mine in so I can enable the other apps in myAudi.

So far I have Google Maps enabled and linked to my account and can add destinations to my Audi.

I have myAudi add destinations also linked.

And I have service linked but still do not see how that benefits me.

I want to remove the three key users that are the previous owner and I want to enable me as a Key User so I can enable the apps to disable the car.

My phone has the android app for locating my car and that works great but see no place to be able to disable the engine.

Thanks for your help with a new Audi owner. It seems to me if there are 3 other key users they could disable my engine. I will call Audiconnect support tomorrow. I am 100 miles from nearest Audi dealer.
Old 12-27-2016, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

The dealer got me all set up for MyAudi and Audi Connect. I think I received 8 email before I left the dealership with my new Q7. I did end up having to reset the password for MyAudi account. You will have a PIN number to use to lock and unlock the car using the Audi Connect app but I don't know at what point you creat the PIN since my SA did all that for me. But be sure you write down or memorize the PIN.
Old 12-28-2016, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TDI Brad
The dealer got me all set up for MyAudi and Audi Connect. I think I received 8 email before I left the dealership with my new Q7. I did end up having to reset the password for MyAudi account. You will have a PIN number to use to lock and unlock the car using the Audi Connect app but I don't know at what point you creat the PIN since my SA did all that for me. But be sure you write down or memorize the PIN.
The PIN is shown when you login to myaudi:

https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/
click Audi Connect Services
wait for it to login.
scroll to your vehicle and click on it
the PIN number is shown.

Its a real PITA to find your pin.
Old 12-28-2016, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bkafrick
The PIN is shown when you login to myaudi:

https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/
click Audi Connect Services
wait for it to login.
scroll to your vehicle and click on it
the PIN number is shown.

Its a real PITA to find your pin.
Yes I have a PIN and have used to get Audi connect and my sim card working together to be able to use my computer to send destination addresses. The problem I am not a key user. I am the second owner and the first owner/dealership registered three keys. I cannot delete his keys or make myself a keyholder that will open up things in the app like unlocking the doors or disabling the engine. I have app on phone "find my car that works on my app but not the features that are only available to a registered Key USER.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:36 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tnkrtoy
Yes I have a PIN and have used to get Audi connect and my sim card working together to be able to use my computer to send destination addresses. The problem I am not a key user. I am the second owner and the first owner/dealership registered three keys. I cannot delete his keys or make myself a keyholder that will open up things in the app like unlocking the doors or disabling the engine. I have app on phone "find my car that works on my app but not the features that are only available to a registered Key USER.
You should be able to reset the key user in the mmi and then have your dealer confirm you from scratch.