Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

audi connect plan changes

Old 11-21-2016, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
At first I was sure that I would let ACP lapse. Now I am considering to continue the subscription. The features I find useful are: remote monitoring of the vehicle (valet, locked /unlocked, vehicle status), GPS, Google search. I believe these will go away without ACP.
Don't know if you have any need for remote start, but if you get the Viper unit installed, for an extra $1.67/mo ($6.67/mo total), you get the valet, locked/unlocked, status and GPS features. Total install cost would be about the same as one 18 mo subscription to ACP.

I do miss the Google search a little, but I'm used to just using my phone now for those POI's that aren't in the onboard database. The Q7's handwriting entry system makes transferring the address to the MMI pretty easy now, so not that big of a deal.

I also miss having another source of traffic info on the MMI, but if I had to choose that or Waze, it would be Waze. So I'm pretty happy just using Waze for lone traffic info source.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazingly I was just speaking to the wife if she wanted to extend it when it goes away in mid Dec....
Old 11-21-2016, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Don't know if you have any need for remote start, but if you get the Viper unit installed, for an extra $1.67/mo ($6.67/mo total), you get the valet, locked/unlocked, status and GPS features. Total install cost would be about the same as one 18 mo subscription to ACP.

I do miss the Google search a little, but I'm used to just using my phone now for those POI's that aren't in the onboard database. The Q7's handwriting entry system makes transferring the address to the MMI pretty easy now, so not that big of a deal.

I also miss having another source of traffic info on the MMI, but if I had to choose that or Waze, it would be Waze. So I'm pretty happy just using Waze for lone traffic info source.
Thanks, Rick. Yes I was looking into Viper. (You helped answer some of my questions on the other thread). Two unfavorable points I have with Viper:
1. It's (obviously) after-market requiring modification (minor?) to the vehicle.
2. There's no certified installer in my state.

Remote start is good to have for me but not crucial. I suppose I should look more into Viper or some other after-market products. $500 for 18-month ACP is ridiculous!

I agree phone search is easier. However, while driving, searching with the onboard MMI system is safer (and better for ticket avoidance).

I found out some time ago that MMI Inrix traffic info was more accurate than Google maps on one occasion. I don't use Waze so I can't make the comparison.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Does anyone know what the data limit is for the first 6 months? Is it unlimited? Going on long drive for turkey day and kids are salivating more over the wifi than the food.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
1. It's (obviously) after-market requiring modification (minor?) to the vehicle.
They do have to do a little mod. I think it's pretty minor, but they did tell me that they had to solder something.

2. There's no certified installer in my state.
As long as you went somewhere with a lot of experience and not a Best Buy, I think you'd be okay.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Davedimes
Does anyone know what the data limit is for the first 6 months? Is it unlimited? Going on long drive for turkey day and kids are salivating more over the wifi than the food.
Unlimited so enjoy while you can.
Old 11-23-2016, 10:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
Unlimited so enjoy while you can.
nice.
after that once you get hooked to wifi coke, then will spend chuck of change every month.
;-)
Old 11-24-2016, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by indiandevil
nice.
after that once you get hooked to wifi coke, then will spend chuck of change every month.
;-)
Pretty much so In anticipation of the Wi-Fi running out that I will not be renewing in mid December, I just went with a $20/mo unlimited data plan & an iPad Pro from Sprint that also includes 5gb of tethering.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
Pretty much so In anticipation of the Wi-Fi running out that I will not be renewing in mid December, I just went with a $20/mo unlimited data plan & an iPad Pro from Sprint that also includes 5gb of tethering.

Will the hotspot work for the vision package in the q7 or got to have the sim in the car ?
Old 11-29-2016, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by indiandevil
Will the hotspot work for the vision package in the q7 or got to have the sim in the car ?
No clue but I'm sure it won't. I got it because we will not be renewing the hot spot on it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: audi connect plan changes