Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

audi connect plan changes

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
No clue but I'm sure it won't. I got it because we will not be renewing the hot spot on it.
Sprint allows using your phone as a hot spot BTW, just comes off your normal data plan, which you can up to unlimited. The navigation with the windshield display will be missed...
Old 11-29-2016, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

[QUOTE/] The navigation with the windshield display will be missed...[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? That goes away after the trial as well?
Old 11-29-2016, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Felunk
Sprint allows using your phone as a hot spot BTW, just comes off your normal data plan, which you can up to unlimited. The navigation with the windshield display will be missed...
My sprint phone plan does not have the hot spot but it does have unlimited everything else.
my sprint tablet plan does have unlimited data but the hot spot is only 5gb.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stq7
The navigation with the windshield display will be missed...

What do you mean? That goes away after the trial as well?
The nav data on the Head Up Display does not go away after the trial. Navigation continues to work just fine. You can even update the Nav database via web download (search for info on that in a recent thread here).

You do lose Google point of interest search, and you do lose the Google Earth map overlay. You also lose the ability to send waypoints to the car via your Audi Connect account. Other than that, Navigation remains the same, including upcoming turn info on the HUD.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
The nav data on the Head Up Display does not go away after the trial. Navigation continues to work just fine. You can even update the Nav database via web download (search for info on that in a recent thread here).

You do lose Google point of interest search, and you do lose the Google Earth map overlay. You also lose the ability to send waypoints to the car via your Audi Connect account. Other than that, Navigation remains the same, including upcoming turn info on the HUD.
That is what I thought. I have Google Earther turned off. I like my map in a simple way so Google Earth won't be missed.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

I happen to like the Google Earth view, and I've used Google POI search a few times. That said, I've had my car for 1.5 weeks and I can already feel the novelty of Audi Connect wearing off. Not sure I've seen anything that's worth ~$30/mo.

I haven't used CarPlay Maps at all, but I imagine the POI search works in a similar fashion.
Old 11-30-2016, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by titoj19
I happen to like the Google Earth view, and I've used Google POI search a few times. That said, I've had my car for 1.5 weeks and I can already feel the novelty of Audi Connect wearing off. Not sure I've seen anything that's worth ~$30/mo.

I haven't used CarPlay Maps at all, but I imagine the POI search works in a similar fashion.
I feel the same way. Have had my vehicle for about 3 weeks. I like the look of the Google earth map layer, but I find it hard to justify $30/month for what is being provided. The google points of interest and voice search are both nice capabilities, but in almost all cases I can just use my phone for that.

I would consider keeping it at 1/3 of that cost, though.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 1stq7
That is what I thought. I have Google Earther turned off. I like my map in a simple way so Google Earth won't be missed.
i thought of doing that, then decided against it. lets use it for the next 6 months, then i am going to see the clean maps anyway.