Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi Connect Subscription expiring soon

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 10:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect Subscription expiring soon

Hi All,

My Audi Connect subscription is about to expire in 4-5 days. I certainly don't plan on paying $25-$30 for the monthly subscription as I don't see enough value at this point.

Can you please advise if there's anything I need to take care of in the vehicle or mobile app prior to the Audi Connect service expiration?

Just can't justify paying the outrageously high ATT monthly service fee on top of my existing mobile service from Verizon. The only thing I will really miss, is the cool Google map capabilities on the virtual cockpit, but hoping Apple Car play will add either the Google Maps or Waze app at some point in the near future.

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2017, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by VJ0609
Hi All,

My Audi Connect subscription is about to expire in 4-5 days. I certainly don't plan on paying $25-$30 for the monthly subscription as I don't see enough value at this point.

Can you please advise if there's anything I need to take care of in the vehicle or mobile app prior to the Audi Connect service expiration?

Just can't justify paying the outrageously high ATT monthly service fee on top of my existing mobile service from Verizon. The only thing I will really miss, is the cool Google map capabilities on the virtual cockpit, but hoping Apple Car play will add either the Google Maps or Waze app at some point in the near future.

Thanks!
This is a great question and I was thinking the same in preparation for my upcoming Audi Connect expiration. No way am I paying that much, or even currently utlizing the features/benefits. I will miss the Google Earth view, and sending destinations from the app to the car.

So I guess send as many frequently used destination to your car? Not sure if they will get wiped out
Old 09-05-2017, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

There is Audi Connect PRIME and Audi Connect PLUS.

Which one are you talking about not renewing?

PRIME is $499 for 18 months

PLUS is PRIME with data at $20 a month.

PRIME gives you:
  • Google Earth
  • Google Voice Search
  • myAudi Destinations
  • Over-the-Air Map Data Updates
  • Audi Semi-Dynamic Route Guidance with INRIX XD® Traffic3
  • Fuel Prices
  • Travel Info
  • Parking Information
  • Audi Music Stream
  • Internet Radio
  • Twitter
  • Geofencing
  • Speed Alert
  • Valet Alert
  • Curfew Alert
  • Car Finder
  • Remote Lock/Unlock
  • Vehicle Status Reports
Old 09-05-2017, 11:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

they both expire on the same date. the pricing doesn't support the value you can get out of the service. i have way too much rollover data on my verizon plan so will use the hot spot feature on my iphone. the only one i will miss is google earth and can't justify paying so much for its cool graphics

Originally Posted by Fringe09

PRIME gives you:
  • Google Earth
  • Google Voice Search
  • myAudi Destinations
  • Fuel Prices
  • Travel Info
  • Parking Information
  • Audi Music Stream
  • Internet Radio
  • Twitter
  • Geofencing
  • Speed Alert
  • Valet Alert
  • Curfew Alert
  • Car Finder
  • Remote Lock/Unlock
  • Vehicle Status Reports
Old 09-05-2017, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi All,

Thanks!
considering the fact that apple views google as a direct competitor to its inferior maps I wouldnt hold my breath. its awesome that on android you can use waze or google maps using android auto.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine expired about 4 months ago. The first few weeks I missed the Google search. Now I just run Android Auto for longer trips. IMO, it's more powerful than the Audi connect. On shorter trips, I connect my phone via bluetooth and listen to streaming audio and/or navigation cues.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine expired yesterday and I upped for 18 months. After that we will see. The MMI uses Here maps which re superior in many instances.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Fringe09

PRIME gives you:
  • Google Earth
  • Google Voice Search
  • myAudi Destinations
  • Fuel Prices
  • Travel Info
  • Parking Information
  • Audi Music Stream
  • Internet Radio
  • Twitter
  • Geofencing
  • Speed Alert
  • Valet Alert
  • Curfew Alert
  • Car Finder
  • Remote Lock/Unlock
  • Vehicle Status Reports
Good to know! Never heard of Audi music stream, that seems pretty cool. Anyone have any experience with it?
Old 09-14-2017, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Online Destinations"

The main thing I am missing is using the voice command "Online destinations" when entering a destination in navigation. "Online destinations" use google search and is IMO *much* better at finding what you want versus using audi's voice recognition (bad) + match with the built-in maps (not great).

Buuuutt I'm not paying $499 for that capability.

Hi All,

Thanks!
Old 09-15-2017, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by audipeter
The main thing I am missing is using the voice command "Online destinations" when entering a destination in navigation. "Online destinations" use google search and is IMO *much* better at finding what you want versus using audi's voice recognition (bad) + match with the built-in maps (not great).

Buuuutt I'm not paying $499 for that capability.
Ditto!

Quick Reply: Audi Connect Subscription expiring soon