Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi pre sense

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I do see the red flashing cars only when I'm too close to the cars in front.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen the triangle but don't remember flashing red cars but it's been a while. I'd imagine the owners manual covers it.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
I've seen the triangle but don't remember flashing red cars but it's been a while. I'd imagine the owners manual covers it.
In the MMI you can set how many seconds gap you want between you and the car in front.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I did a post on this too. Please see "demonstration of pre sense, pre sense plus..."
Old 06-14-2017, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My mom gets the red triangle quite frequently hahaha.

The other day, we were stopped on a main road waiting for a car in the oncoming direction to pass so we could turn left. The turn assistance kicked in and the car slammed on the brakes, virtual cockpit turned black and had the red triangle, car started making the startup ding noise, and the seat belts got tight too. The turn assist kicked in for no reason. The car that it sensed had already passed us and the coast was clear. Gave my mom and I quite a scare.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I get the red triangle almost daily. Yeah I know, don't ask. I have mine set to early warning because I often find myself dodging gold fish and animal crackers thrown by my toddler in the back seat. Interesting enough, yesterday I was driving through a construction zone with orange/white cylinders outlining the new driving path when I had the jolt of my life. The red Triangle popped up in the HUD and if I had to guess, 80% brake pressure applied. Everything on the seats when flying to the floor!! Next I heard my toddler say, "I'm all right." My guess is that the Q7 mistook one of the orange/white cylinders as an obstacle.

In summary, Audi Pre-sense is no joke!
Old 06-14-2017, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

BTW - I was under the impression that Audi Pre-sense isn't only sensing eminent danger directly in front of you. It can also sense danger one or two cars ahead of you.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by audiperhaps1
BTW - I was under the impression that Audi Pre-sense isn't only sensing eminent danger directly in front of you. It can also sense danger one or two cars ahead of you.
Wow, it's not only a pre-sense it's also a ... premonition ?
Old 06-14-2017, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

So with all my inquiries about Presense and it goes off today!! But here is the wierd part...

I'm driving on a two lane road, empty, no traffic on either side at about 35mph, road is clean of debris. On either side are trees, shrubs etc, but road has no obstructions. Presense triangle comes on, Q beeps, no braking but felt a jerk, and Q continues as normal. What?!?!

My sense is it triggered based on something then decided in a split second it was nothing and the brakes didnt apply?!?!
Old 06-14-2017, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

A Pre Sense warning will not trigger the brakes unless necessary. The 2 flashing red cars is just the distance warning if you have one set. With that said, these systems still aren't perfect. For example, last week I was driving a Range Rover and the automatic emergency braking slammed on the brakes and stopped me in the middle of the road when I was still a good 3 car lengths away from the car in front of me.

Here is a video of Pre Sense being tested. Notice how closely it stops to the object. This is why many of you don't experience the braking. It happens at the last possible second. Start at 1:20

Quick Reply: Audi pre sense