Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi Smartphone Interface

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Smartphone Interface

I have a Google Pixel. Bluetooth works fine, Android Auto works fine with a cable -- anyone been able to get the Audi Smartphone Interface to work? Is it a matter of not (yet?) a compatible phone? Are there updates for this kind of thing?

Thanks very much.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Sounds like you are misunderstanding something. Android Auto and Google Car Play make up the Audi Smartphone Interface. If you have Android Auto working, then you have the Audi Smartphone Interface working.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by superswiss
Sounds like you are misunderstanding something. Android Auto and Google Car Play make up the Audi Smartphone Interface. If you have Android Auto working, then you have the Audi Smartphone Interface working.
Thanks. Could very well be. I thought the Audi Smartphone Interface was a third thing, a way to connect to the car through their own interface (mostly because it shows up in the menu by itself). I didn't realize it was branding for the combined carplay/android auto.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2017, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinHTRE
Thanks. Could very well be. I thought the Audi Smartphone Interface was a third thing, a way to connect to the car through their own interface (mostly because it shows up in the menu by itself). I didn't realize it was branding for the combined carplay/android auto.

Thanks!
If you look closely, the Audi Smartphone Interface in the menu changes to Android Auto once you plug in your phone.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You should see your andriod/iPhone compatible apps in the center screen when plugged in.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by superswiss
If you look closely, the Audi Smartphone Interface in the menu changes to Android Auto once you plug in your phone.
It does indeed. I didn't realize it was a placeholder when not plugged in. Thanks again for the help!