Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

AudiConnect Free Features - Does this clear things up?

Old 02-07-2019, 02:53 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I haven't rec'd my email yet, I guess it's "in the mail".. LOL
Old 02-07-2019, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
I simply didn't want to drive a crippled down $90K vehicle.
LOL! Explain please...
Old 02-07-2019, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So I figured there will be an app update for this so I cheked it out, but looks like its a whole new app called myAudi. I'm downloading it, and perhaps this is the one that will give the free services
Old 02-07-2019, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 74 Likes on 54 Posts

The feature I liked most during the trial was being able to send a destination to the car nav system from the app via my phone. I like having the nav display in my HUD and VC, which is not possible with Car Play. I really wish they included that as part of the free CARE package.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BigKutta
So I figured there will be an app update for this so I cheked it out, but looks like its a whole new app called myAudi. I'm downloading it, and perhaps this is the one that will give the free services
Downloaded the app, but it wont work yet. Lets wait and see
Old 02-07-2019, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7
The feature I liked most during the trial was being able to send a destination to the car nav system from the app via my phone. I like having the nav display in my HUD and VC, which is not possible with Car Play. I really wish they included that as part of the free CARE package.
Yeah, that is the only thing of value to be honest. I hate writing in the NAV destination. I guess I could speak it in
Old 02-07-2019, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, received the email too. In this day and age of technology ... it was high time some features be made complimentary. At least its a good start from Audi, while BMW continues to keep ripping for stuff such as Apple CarPlay!
Old 02-07-2019, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
LOL! Explain please...

Well, if you spend that much on a vehicle, you want to be able use all its capabilities/features (remote lock/unlock, Google earth view etc.).
If your monthly payment is already north of $1,300, do an additional $33 really make a difference?
Old 02-07-2019, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
It clearly says "(..)regardless of whether you continue subscribing to Audi connect PRIME after the expiration of your trial or subscription period."

I'm on an active (paid) subscription that runs out in about a week and if this info is accurate, it just cost them $200 for my renewal I'm now going to pass on. I'm not going to pay $200 for 6 months of google earth ONLY...
I see. I haven't received the email as yet so I haven't been able to read it in its entirety.

Someone needs to figure out how to get a SIM from a carrier with a cheap data plan to work in our cars so we can get the Google Earth stuff in our HUDs and VCs. I don't need it since I use Android Auto to get the satellite view of Google Maps on my center screen, but it would be nice to have it on the VC and it feels like a gaping hole of a tab on my VC to not have Earth on it.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I have a 2017 Q7 for which I never renewed Audi Connect PRIME after the trial expired. Last year when they announced that lock/unlock is now free, I installed the new MyAudi app on my iPhone and lock/unlock worked then and continues to work now.

I now see that the app has options for total range, vehicle status, geofence alert, speed alert and valet alert. I don't think those options were there before. All of these say "The service is not available due to missing or expired licenses". Hopefully on March 8, per the letter, these will become active for free.

I already have all the geo features with my Viper remote start, so I don't really care about those. But the status report and especially vehicle range will useful for when I don't remember how much gas I've got and avoid having to go out to the car and check.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AudiConnect Free Features - Does this clear things up?