AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Q7 MKII Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/)
-   -   AudiConnect Free Features - Does this clear things up? (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-mkii-discussion-211/audiconnect-free-features-does-clear-things-up-2966802/)

BigKutta 02-06-2019 09:54 AM

AudiConnect Free Features - Does this clear things up?

Just saw this email come in. So while my free trial is long expired, I assume these features will be free through my app starting in March?
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...9953c16b46.jpg

PROEDGEBIKER.COM 02-06-2019 01:12 PM

Just got my email too. Love it that they got smart on this cause since my trial ran out I could have cared less about any of it.

BigKutta 02-06-2019 01:25 PM

Yeah, these three are neat features. I know some were talking about the remote unlock/lock being available but it never worked for me. This is neat...thanks Audi!

Scott Hammerling 02-06-2019 04:40 PM

Funny I was just now messing around with the myAudi app and was thinking it was worthless. Mine doesn’t have anything available on it.

smacky 02-06-2019 04:48 PM

Are we getting complimentary Audi Connect now? Knowing Audi, it may just be a generic email or lazy work on their part to just send out a mass email to new owners in the past few months that still are on their trail as well as people who let their subscriptions lapse over a year ago just to try and rope them back in.

I could be wrong but I am definitely skeptical/cynical about Audi and this offer.

It was a decent feature to remote lock-unlock but I can't say I used it often. The locator was nice. If these features are just free from now on, good on Audi; but I can't help but think it's a lazy email sent out to people already on a trial or paying customers, as well as people whose subscription long expired but Audi couldn't be f'd to filter those accounts out.

We'll see in a month what it really is. Or if someone has talked to their Audi salesperson or service adviser and asked about it?

JBaumgart 02-06-2019 04:51 PM

Having just taken delivery of my first Audi in many years, I'm a little bit lost, trying to understand and figure out if any of the Audi Connect Prime or Connect Plus offerings are worth the money. At first glance, I suspect not, but maybe I'm missing something that should make me reconsider? Any guidance on the value of these would be most appreciated.

AudiFanFL 02-06-2019 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by smacky (Post 25272556)
Are we getting complimentary Audi Connect now? Knowing Audi, it may just be a generic email or lazy work on their part to just send out a mass email to new owners in the past few months that still are on their trail as well as people who let their subscriptions lapse over a year ago just to try and rope them back in.

It clearly says "(..)regardless of whether you continue subscribing to Audi connect PRIME after the expiration of your trial or subscription period."

I'm on an active (paid) subscription that runs out in about a week and if this info is accurate, it just cost them $200 for my renewal I'm now going to pass on. I'm not going to pay $200 for 6 months of google earth ONLY...

AudiFanFL 02-06-2019 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBaumgart (Post 25272558)
Having just taken delivery of my first Audi in many years, I'm a little bit lost, trying to understand and figure out if any of the Audi Connect Prime or Connect Plus offerings are worth the money. At first glance, I suspect not, but maybe I'm missing something that should make me reconsider? Any guidance on the value of these would be most appreciated.

Audi's subscriptions have always been a rip-off. I still subscribed. Doesn't make any sense, right? I simply didn't want to drive a crippled down $90K vehicle.

Well, in the past, you paid $200 for 6 months to get the fancy google earth maps and remote app features. Now, you seem to get the app-features like unlocking/locking for free as well, making the $200-deal even worse.

From now on, I'll only keep the WiFi hotspot for $20/month and let my Prime subscription expire. Another poster discovered that this is an option as long as you sign up for Plus as long as your Prime trial or paid subscription is still active.

lapi 02-06-2019 10:33 PM

So they are introducing a AudiConnect CARE package in addition to existing PLUS and PRIME.
We get these for FREE with CARE: Vehicle Status Report, Remote Lock/Unlock and Locate Car.

I wish they added Google Earth to this free tier so that they can really show off the full potential of virtual cockpit.

Anyway its a better than nothing.

hitchens97 02-06-2019 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by lapi (Post 25272662)
So they are introducing a AudiConnect CARE package in addition to existing PLUS and PRIME.
We get these for FREE with CARE: Vehicle Status Report, Remote Lock/Unlock and Locate Car.

I wish they added Google Earth to this free tier so that they can really show off the full potential of virtual cockpit.

Anyway its a better than nothing.

I have to say the Google earth does not do much for me. The only feature I really like is send to car from Google maps or the app. I guess I have to still pay for that.

JT4 02-07-2019 02:53 AM

I haven't rec'd my email yet, I guess it's "in the mail".. LOL

BigKutta 02-07-2019 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL (Post 25272651)
I simply didn't want to drive a crippled down $90K vehicle.

LOL! Explain please...

BigKutta 02-07-2019 05:56 AM

So I figured there will be an app update for this so I cheked it out, but looks like its a whole new app called myAudi. I'm downloading it, and perhaps this is the one that will give the free services

AlbertQ7 02-07-2019 06:09 AM

The feature I liked most during the trial was being able to send a destination to the car nav system from the app via my phone. I like having the nav display in my HUD and VC, which is not possible with Car Play. I really wish they included that as part of the free CARE package. :(

BigKutta 02-07-2019 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by BigKutta (Post 25272754)
So I figured there will be an app update for this so I cheked it out, but looks like its a whole new app called myAudi. I'm downloading it, and perhaps this is the one that will give the free services

Downloaded the app, but it wont work yet. Lets wait and see

BigKutta 02-07-2019 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by AlbertQ7 (Post 25272760)
The feature I liked most during the trial was being able to send a destination to the car nav system from the app via my phone. I like having the nav display in my HUD and VC, which is not possible with Car Play. I really wish they included that as part of the free CARE package. :(

Yeah, that is the only thing of value to be honest. I hate writing in the NAV destination. I guess I could speak it in

sr007 02-07-2019 06:57 AM

Yup, received the email too. In this day and age of technology ... it was high time some features be made complimentary. At least its a good start from Audi, while BMW continues to keep ripping for stuff such as Apple CarPlay!

AudiFanFL 02-07-2019 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by BigKutta (Post 25272728)
LOL! Explain please...

:D

Well, if you spend that much on a vehicle, you want to be able use all its capabilities/features (remote lock/unlock, Google earth view etc.).
If your monthly payment is already north of $1,300, do an additional $33 really make a difference?

smacky 02-07-2019 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL (Post 25272648)
It clearly says "(..)regardless of whether you continue subscribing to Audi connect PRIME after the expiration of your trial or subscription period."

I'm on an active (paid) subscription that runs out in about a week and if this info is accurate, it just cost them $200 for my renewal I'm now going to pass on. I'm not going to pay $200 for 6 months of google earth ONLY...

I see. I haven't received the email as yet so I haven't been able to read it in its entirety.

Someone needs to figure out how to get a SIM from a carrier with a cheap data plan to work in our cars so we can get the Google Earth stuff in our HUDs and VCs. I don't need it since I use Android Auto to get the satellite view of Google Maps on my center screen, but it would be nice to have it on the VC and it feels like a gaping hole of a tab on my VC to not have Earth on it.

RickObe 02-07-2019 07:21 AM

I have a 2017 Q7 for which I never renewed Audi Connect PRIME after the trial expired. Last year when they announced that lock/unlock is now free, I installed the new MyAudi app on my iPhone and lock/unlock worked then and continues to work now.

I now see that the app has options for total range, vehicle status, geofence alert, speed alert and valet alert. I don't think those options were there before. All of these say "The service is not available due to missing or expired licenses". Hopefully on March 8, per the letter, these will become active for free.

I already have all the geo features with my Viper remote start, so I don't really care about those. But the status report and especially vehicle range will useful for when I don't remember how much gas I've got and avoid having to go out to the car and check.

rccoleman 02-07-2019 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by smacky (Post 25272801)
I see. I haven't received the email as yet so I haven't been able to read it in its entirety.

Someone needs to figure out how to get a SIM from a carrier with a cheap data plan to work in our cars so we can get the Google Earth stuff in our HUDs and VCs. I don't need it since I use Android Auto to get the satellite view of Google Maps on my center screen, but it would be nice to have it on the VC and it feels like a gaping hole of a tab on my VC to not have Earth on it.

The whole email is posted above in the thread. Unfortunately, Google Earth and the other Audi Connect services are subscription-based the car will check that subscription before they'll work, regardless where the data is coming from. Adding your own SIM won't help, at least in the US. Folks in Canada, who aren't eligible for most of the Audi Connect features, have found a way to bypass that, but the same technique doesn't work in the US. The speculation is that since Google Earth isn't a feature of Audi Connect in Canada, somehow it skips the subscription check once it's manually coded on.

shaikhmf 02-07-2019 02:53 PM

My free trial also ended a long time ago. I got the email and updated the App yesterday. I am able to use lock/unlock, and Send to Car features for free. I have 2018 Q7. Are they throwing the free features to only a few users until the full rollout on March 8? Just curious.

RickObe 02-07-2019 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by shaikhmf (Post 25273024)
My free trial also ended a long time ago. I got the email and updated the App yesterday. I am able to use lock/unlock, and Send to Car features for free. I have 2018 Q7. Are they throwing the free features to only a few users until the full rollout on March 8? Just curious.

The free lock/unlock feature was rolled out several months ago. I don't know about Send to Car; I haven't tried that since my free trial.

lapi 02-07-2019 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by BigKutta (Post 25272775)
Downloaded the app, but it wont work yet. Lets wait and see

Remote Lock/unlock works for me with new myAudi app. Have you tried that?

BigKutta 02-08-2019 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by lapi (Post 25273103)
Remote Lock/unlock works for me with new myAudi app. Have you tried that?

So I tried the lock/unlock and vehicle location and that works. The third feature, car status, does not appear to work for me yet. Its not officially launched so I suppose its still early

BigKutta 02-08-2019 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by shaikhmf (Post 25273024)

How did you send to car. I see the app has the ability to search for destinations, but I could't see the option to send to car. That feature is also not part of the free features

Ktran350 02-08-2019 11:08 AM

I have the new app but can’t do anything. Tried the lock/unlock and it says car can’t be reached. Also, it says “last vehicle contact- never”.

suanccd 03-07-2019 09:43 PM

Vehicle status is now active.

BigKutta 03-08-2019 04:54 AM

Thank for the reminder, it is March 8. Yes, my app is showing the vehicle status in detail now and allowing me to lock/unlock. Cool

lapi 03-08-2019 05:44 AM

Yep! Audi also can provide software updates! yay!!!

htd4555 03-08-2019 06:06 AM

The licenses for all the free features that Audi now provides (Vehicle Status, Remote Lock/Unlock, Car Finder) have an expiration date of 09/23/2026. I hope it is true.

lapi 03-08-2019 06:08 AM

Car Finder is also active, you can now see Your location and Car location in the Maps.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM 03-08-2019 01:45 PM

Mine didn’t activate today, anything I need to do on my end so it works? I never renewed after the original plan expired.

TDI Brad 03-08-2019 01:59 PM

I wish this was working for me. Today I got an email from myAudi saying I have deleted one of the vehicles in my account and are no longer a key user so I can no longer access Audi connect services for the vehicle. The myAudi app says I need the 10 digit code that was on the key two years ago when I bought the car. This is so aggravating because I didn’t delete any account and I can’t find the 10 digit code because the salesman never gave that to me since he activated all this stuff for me without my permission before I ever took delivery. How do I get this code? Is there somewhere else I can find it? Or do I need to take it to the dealer?

PROEDGEBIKER.COM 03-08-2019 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by TDI Brad (Post 25286865)
I wish this was working for me. Today I got an email from myAudi saying I have deleted one of the vehicles in my account and are no longer a key user so I can no longer access Audi connect services for the vehicle. The myAudi app says I need the 10 digit code that was on the key two years ago when I bought the car. This is so aggravating because I didn’t delete any account and I can’t find the 10 digit code because the salesman never gave that to me since he activated all this stuff for me without my permission before I ever took delivery. How do I get this code? Is there somewhere else I can find it? Or do I need to take it to the dealer?

funny you say this, after the dealer activated my car the dude was about to throw it away, I told him to give it to me so it’s in my glove box. I’ll play with it.

TDI Brad 03-08-2019 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM (Post 25286873)

funny you say this, after the dealer activated my car the dude was about to throw it away, I told him to give it to me so it’s in my glove box. I’ll play with it.

I actually just found the tag with code on it shoved down in the pouch with the user manual. I’ve looked at that manual a handful of times and have never seen it, I also found my window sticker which I hadn’t ever seen. I did try to enter the code under the Audi connect menu but didn’t have any luck. I don’t do well writing on the touch pad so I’m not certain I got it entered correctly. I have trouble with the following digits O and 0, g and 9, G and 6, Z and 2 and so an alphanumeric code don’t work well for me. I have to go in for service and a fuel rail recall next week so I will get the dealer to sort it out.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM 03-08-2019 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by TDI Brad (Post 25286880)

I actually just found the tag with code on it shoved down in the pouch with the user manual. I’ve looked at that manual a handful of times and have never seen it, I also found my window sticker which I hadn’t ever seen. I did try to enter the code under the Audi connect menu but didn’t have any luck. I don’t do well writing on the touch pad so I’m not certain I got it entered correctly. I have trouble with the following digits O and 0, g and 9, G and 6, Z and 2 and so an alphanumeric code don’t work well for me. I have to go in for service and a fuel rail recall next week so I will get the dealer to sort it out.

just got back and it didn’t take any of my codes. The plastic alone has 3 different ones. Tried all along with my email as user name and they didn’t take. Logged into app and there is a Audi PIN number in there too which also didn’t work. I have 6 tries left so I stopped and called Audi connect. The lady was pretty much lost but did say that they are running into issues and hope to get it all sorted out by the end of March. We too have a dealer app coming soon for oil and recall so I will see if they can do anything.

lapi 03-08-2019 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM (Post 25286861)
Mine didn’t activate today, anything I need to do on my end so it works? I never renewed after the original plan expired.

Make sure you are using the new myAudi app (or login to https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/overview and then click on "Audi connect services and Key User registration"). If you are already logged in to app, log out and log back in. As long as you are the key user on the car, you should see those services, like remote unlock etc.

This is also from their Audi Connect User management page:

This is how it works:
Enter your personal information and agree to the general terms & conditions and the data privacy policy. Print your key user contract and contact your dealer. Your Audi partner will then verify your myAudi Account by using your contract number as a one-off process. This will enable you to assign yourself as key user of vehicles.

They also enabled biometric when you request Lock or Unlock from the app, it used to be just PIN. But, I am not able to enable it due to some error pops up that it cannot save biometric information. Hopefully they will fix it on another update.

PROEDGEBIKER.COM 03-08-2019 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by lapi (Post 25286932)
Make sure you are using the new myAudi app (or login to https://www.audiusa.com/myaudi/overview and then click on "Audi connect services and Key User registration"). If you are already logged in to app, log out and log back in. As long as you are the key user on the car, you should see those services, like remote unlock etc.

This is also from their Audi Connect User management page:[B]

They also enabled biometric when you request Lock or Unlock from the app, it used to be just PIN. But, I am not able to enable it due to some error pops up that it cannot save biometric information. Hopefully they will fix it on another update.

yup, been using the new app

BigKutta 03-09-2019 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM (Post 25286861)

Make sure you have the latest myAudi app downloaded, and not the one you had when you had the free trial. Its chnaged